We are Hiring!
Group Chief Financial Officer
Our client is one of the leading Hospitals in Eldoret.
They are seeking to recruit a highly ambitious candidate to fill in the following position:
Group Chief Financial Officer
Job Summary: Reporting to the Director of Operations, the overall purpose of this job is to provide strategic leadership and management oversight in the finance department to ensure effective business and financial planning, monitoring, management and reporting, including development of policies, systems, processes that would safeguard the financial resources and lead to attainment of the Hospital’s strategic objectives
Main Responsibilities of Job
- Develop and ensure implementation of the finance strategy in line with the Hospital’s overall strategy;
- Demonstrate ownership of and communicate the finance department’s strategic direction and objectives to all staff.
- Develop and ensure implementation of the finance department’s annual work plans in line with the hospital’s strategic plan;
- Participate as a member of senior management in formulating corporate strategies, policies, plans and budgets and in monitoring the Hospital’s performance to ensure that the corporate objectives and targets are achieved;
- Oversee day to day operations in the finance department including allocation of duty roster, annual leave and enforce ethics and professional standards;
- Develop and ensure implementation of an appropriate financial policy framework to guide the financial decision making in terms of turnover, profit, costs and investment and forward planning in consultation with the Director Operations and the CEO;
- Continuously review the finance policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the strategy and the present challenges;
- Co-ordinate and guide Senior Management and Heads of Departments in the preparation and evaluation of departmental annual budgets and consolidate the same in line with the hospital’s objectives;
- Develop and ensure implementation of robust systems and procedures for monitoring performance against budget;
- Ensure proper maintenance of financial records to meet legal and tax requirements and to measure both the inputs and the outcomes of finance operations including provision of accounting services, management accounting and forecasting, budgeting and control systems;
- Develop and maintain strategic working relations relationships with key stakeholders for the finance division such as bankers, investment managers, pension advisers, auditors and key/leading corporate clients;
- Provide professional financial advice to Senior Management, the Board of Management and its Committees;
- Manage the Hospital’s cash flow and forecasting and treasury management operations;
- Oversee the preparation of accurate and up to date financial and management accounting information to facilitate the preparation of reliable reports, budgets, business plans and management decisions;
- Oversee the preparation of management and financial information;
- Establish and maintain effective control systems for the preparation of monthly, quarterly and year end management and statutory accounts;
- Oversee implementation of capital expenditure projects and asset acquisitions and ensure maintenance of an up to date assets register;
- Design and manage the implementation of effective front office systems for admission and discharge of patients, proper recording and billing, collection of all Hospital dues, and implementation of appropriate recovery measures on any outstanding debts;
- Ensure appropriate financial reporting and establish, monitor and report financial performance indicators to various levels of management and the Board of Management;
- Establish and maintain effective internal control systems and procedures;
- Prepare and submit all monthly, quarterly and annual reports;
- Prepare the finance department’s income and expenditure budget and monitor its implementation upon approval;
- Oversee the budgeting, expenditure and overall financial operations and reports of the hospital’s sister companies;
- Build, lead and motivate a competent finance management team including performance appraisal, that will in turn ensure that the department has the right people in the right places to sustainably support the delivery of accounting services at the Hospital;
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Economics, Finance or any other business related fields from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or any other business related fields from a recognized institution.
- Must be a qualified accountant with relevant professional qualifications such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K) or ACCA with a valid practicing licence.
- Minimum of 9 years’ experience.
- Hospital experience will be an added advantage
- Proven track-record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization.
- Knowledge and understanding of computerized accounting systems preferably in multi user/network environment.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise;
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask.
- Ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and ability to effectively interface with senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to handle divisional budgets, resources, processes and projects.
- Thorough knowledge of the healthcare industry/sector and knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting the sector.
- Willing to relocate
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading “GROUP CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER” clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts, and addresses of three referees.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.