Job Title: Legal Officer
Nature of Job: Full Time
Salary: KShs. 150,000
Job Location: Nairobi
Job Summary: Our client is a hospital with several branches across the country, they are looking to employ a legal officer with responsibility for providing high quality legal advice to local Management and teams within hospital’s Group offices on a full range of legal and challenging operational issues, in accordance with the principles of instilling and fostering a culture of legal compliance, advocate for Ethics & Compliance across all levels within the region, build relationships with external legal advisors within the region.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and provide legal advice on MOUs, Contracts, and tender documents.
- Review ongoing cases and advice management accordingly.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff.
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements in the countries where we work.
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers.
- Identify local needs and develop efficient resource smart solutions including developing network of outside counsel and pro-bono relationships
- Formulate legal compliance check-lists for all the departments to be used for the purpose of ensuring that all information required is provided accordingly.
- Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations in the countries and advise management accordingly.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the department for executive management meetings.
- Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities.
- Review all contracts or any other documentation where the hospital has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the senior management’s attention.
- As needed, provide guidance on contract matters to project managers or other operational staff
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with policy.
- Negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions and prepare and advise on the necessary checklist to be adopted to ensure information is submitted on time.
- Law degree, Master’s degree is a plus.
- 5 Plus years of experience in law firm or multinational organisations (private sector).
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and experience with laws dealing with commercial/contract administration and labour laws
- Good knowledge of Kenyan legal systems
- Should have analytical skills and with a good judgement
- Should have sound drafting skills with exceptional accuracy
- Should be up-to-date in knowledge on relevant company laws
- Should have strong communication and inter-personal skills both verbal and written
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their CV’s quoting relevant skills, qualifications and experience to email@example.com
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.