We are Hiring!
Our client is one of the leading Hospitals in Eldoret.
They are seeking to recruit a highly ambitious candidate to fill in the following position:
Job Summary: Reporting to the Group Chief Financial Officer, the overall purpose of this role is to manage the finance department and ensure implementation of sound accounting, budgeting and financial control policies, systems and procedures in line with International Accounting Standards and the hospital’s objectives.
Main Responsibilities of Job
- Coordinate preparation of accurate and up-to date financial and management accounting information in order to facilitate decision making;
- Establish and continuously update internal control systems and procedures to ensure prudent use of financial resources;
- Coordinate the budget preparation process for the hospital and prepare the related special revisions in a timely manner;
- Develop, implement and monitor effective systems of monitoring performance against budget including key financial performance indicators;
- Assist budget holders with preparation of business plans and capital investment appraisals;
- Ensure timely monthly reconciliation of budget adjustments to the agreed expenditure plan;
- Review and benchmark operational costs and capital expenditure with the industry standards to ensure they remain within acceptable limits;
- Prepare financial statements and regulatory reporting documents in line with the established guidelines;
- Ensure monthly tax returns are withheld and submitted in line with applicable tax legislation;
- Ensure monthly reconciliation vendors accounts in a timely manner;
- Check and ensure accuracy of posted of invoices and journal entries in order to take corrective action and ensure integrity of payment data;
- Review payments requests on a daily basis to ensure the accuracy and completeness of payments documents prior to approval;
- Ensure maintenance of an up- to-date assets register;
- Facilitate training sessions for finance staff members and develop non-finance managers with appropriate knowledge for financial decision making;
- Analyse and report significant budget variances and to identify possible remedial actions in consultation with the unit heads;
- Prepare forecasts for income and expenditure on monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
- Prepare and submit periodic statements, reports and reconciliations together with appropriate interpretation and recommendations for the Senior Management Team within agreed timelines;
- Ensure effective treasury management including the hospital’s bank accounts, loans and other financial instruments;
- Maintain robust cash handling and banking procedures;
- Deputize the Group Chief Finance Officer and assume the role in an acting capacity in the event of a short or medium term vacancy
- Ensure that closing stocks in financial statements can be tied up to physical stocks and differences are investigated promptly and resolved;
- Ensure full integration of all ERP financial transactions;
- Identify, deploy and motivate the finance team including performance appraisal, identification of training needs, mentorship and coaching as well as leave and absence management
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance or other business-related fields from a recognized institution.
- Must be a qualified accountant with relevant professional qualifications such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K) or ACCA.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience.
- Hospital experience will be an added advantage.
- Excellent understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Excellent grasp of Financial and Management Accounting; Taxation and relevant legislation.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and regulations related to the health care sector.
- Working knowledge of financial information management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence senior level leaders regarding key business priorities, issues and initiatives.
- Thorough knowledge of the health care industry/sector and knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting the sector.
- Wiling to relocate.
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading “SENIOR ACCOUNTANT” clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts, and addresses of three referees.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.