Job Vacancy: HR Assistant (Professional Services)
Location: Nairobi (WFH/Remote)
Job summary: Responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the HR Business Partner and management in supporting designated clients.
Assists the HR Business Partners with recruitment, record maintenance and payroll processing and provides clerical support to all employees.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate with potential job candidates.
- Conduct background checks by verifying employment history.
- Issue employment contracts and verify completion.
- Conduct employee orientations and onboarding
- Explain employee benefits.
- Issue new employees with enrollment documents (pension, life, medical)
- Support and respond to all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
- Maintain digital and electronic records of employees.
- Serve as a point of contact with benefit vendors and administrators.
- Assist with performance management procedures.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas.
- Coordinate training sessions.
- Ensure company organization charts and employee directories are current
- Produce and submit reports on HR activity when required
- Process payroll and resolve any payroll errors.
- Complete termination paperwork and exit interviews.
- Organize, handle multiple tasks at one time, with attention to detail.
- Track and update HR tasks
- Develop and submit approved content to marketing team
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
- Maintain compliance with laws concerning employment.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years of HR experience is required.
- Current human resources credentials or certification preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple clients.
- Must be capable of presenting ideas and programs as well as problem resolutions to business owners and managers with confidence.
- Analytical and goal oriented
- Demonstrable experience with HR metrics
- Thorough knowledge of labour legislation
- Proven work experience as an HR business partner/generalist
- Excellent people management skills
- Full understanding of all HR functions and best practices
- Strong and effective communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong persuasion/negotiation skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 1st October 2021
Compensation: Competitive remuneration, airtime/internet allowance + medical cover (upon successful probation)
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process.