UN WFP Somalia
Job Title: HR Intern (Internship)
Contract Type / Grade: Intern
Duty Station: Nairobi
Contract Duration: 8 months
Date of issue: 14 June 2021
Closing date: 27 June 2021
Job advertisement No. 033/2021
About WFP: The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide and the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Why join WFP Somalia?
In Somalia, the World Food Programme provides food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, and relief through the hard work of more than 500 employees who contribute to make Somalia hunger free in close partnership with local partners.
What will you do?
- Provide full support to recruitment specialists within the organizational alignment exercise.
- Help create attractive Vacancy Announcements and leverage WFP’s Employer Value Proposition. Create relevant content to integrate into the Vacancy Announcement.
- Support with the administration of day-to-day recruitment operations like responding to candidates’ queries, schedule the tests/interviews with the applicants, circulate documents for signatures, etc.
- Maintain information up to date in the e-recruitment system and in the HR Recruitment tracker to enable accurate and timely reporting and data analysis.
- Assist in the design and the development of diverse new HR employer-branding projects in the field of employment fairs, university relationships, onboarding, talent acquisition among others.
- Conduct data analyses to measure effectiveness of HR recruitment processes, solutions and suggest some process efficiencies.
- Help communicate HR information to stakeholders, external vendors and/or client groups.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Do you meet the minimum requirements?
- Enrolled in a graduate programme (e.g. a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree) at a recognized university, studying in the area of Human Resources Management or/International law, economics, sociology, human sciences or another related field.
- Candidate must be enrolled in school/studying for at least two years or graduated in the last 6 months.
- Desire to learn about and develop key skills in the field of HR, and more specifically, in HR projects and HR processes.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- Team player and problem solver.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills; high attention to details.
- Ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized way.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office package, particularly of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is requirement. Additional UN language is an added advantage.
Are you competent for this job?
Do you have
- The ability to adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner
- strong communication skills and well organized.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently.
- Dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback.
Terms and Conditions:
- Upon selection, a proof of enrolment stating that you are currently enrolled in a course of study and your expected date of graduation and if you have graduated, a certified copy of your degree.
- Interns will receive a monthly stipend from WFP.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
How to Apply
The position is open to All qualified candidates.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their online application through E-recruitment by following the links below.
The application deadline is 27th June 2021.
Application guidelines for internal candidates – Please use your internal candidate profile.
- To view the job description and apply to position, please follow the link next to ‘Internal candidates’
- Click on ‘Apply’ to submit your application (please note that you must complete your CV online for your application to be submitted properly)
Application guidelines for external candidates
- To view the job description and apply to position, please follow the link next to ‘External candidates’
- Click on ‘Apply’
- Click on ‘Create an account’ (If not created already)
- Create your online CV
Internal candidates: Internal Candidates
External candidates: External Candidates
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP seeks applicants of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Selection of candidates is made on a competitive basis.
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES.
FEMALE CANDIDATEES ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.