Compassion International is a child-advocacy ministry that pairs compassionate people with those who are suffering from poverty. The ministry releases children from spiritual, economic, social, and physical poverty. The goal is for each child to become a responsible and fulfilled adult. Compassion’s work has grown from modest beginnings in South Korea in 1952 when American evangelist Rev. Everett Swanson felt compelled to help 35 children orphaned by the Korean conflict.
This experienced partner designs, implements and advises on human resource programs and policies, including performance management, discipline, compensation, benefits, equal opportunity and employee relations. At this career level, the incumbent generally works independently on moderately complex human resource projects or as a team member on larger projects. He or she may coach other specialists.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understands Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commits to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abides by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Reports any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately supports responses to incidents if they occur.
- Assists managers, answering questions and instilling a sense of responsibility on matters such as employee relations, conflict resolution, discipline, performance management, staff development, termination, compensation issues, succession planning, benefits, and talent acquisition. Partners with appropriate senior leadership to properly engage employees in achieving functional objectives in the client area.
- Answers questions on matters such as employee-manager interactions, conflict resolution, performance management, compensation issues, and benefits.
- In some locations, assists with recruiting, benefits administration, employee health and wellness, and other human resources related programs.
- Uses current understanding of local and national laws and regulations covering employment issues to protect Compassion’s interests by ensuring the ministry is in compliance with legal requirements are as well as providing and implementing relevant recommendations to the client groups on necessary practices/programs changes to meet these requirements.
- Investigates and implements resolutions regarding employee or other stakeholder concerns around performance management, improvement, harassment, discrimination, misconduct, and similar matters.
- Monitors the level of engagement through HR metrics, using personal expertise or assessment instruments. Recommends and institutes timely programs, methods and other interventions to address issues that hinder team’s level of success.
- Prepares programs for client groups such as annual merit, performance management, benefits enrollment, and new employee orientation. May facilitate events for client teams such as team-building, merit program meetings, strategic planning, brainstorming, or other group sessions.
- May provide expertise to other professionals and support staff in the Human Resources discipline.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Three years Relevant experience working in this or a related field.
*Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above
- Office – Standard Office Environment
- Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
- May be required to travel up to 10% of normal schedule
Additional Job Description
- Open to new ideas, creative, keen to details and committed to effective partnership with our neighbors. A good planner with ability to handle competing priorities. Excellent relationship building with our neighbors.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30 October. 2021