At Heritage where we provide short term insurance products, we pride ourselves on our history of claims payment. This was recently recognized when we won the award for Outstanding Insurance Underwriter in Claims Settlement as nominated by members of the Association of Insurance Brokers of Kenya. We are also rated AA- by Global Rating Company (GRC), for amongst other reasons, our high claims paying ability. This is one of the highest international ratings awarded to a Kenyan insurer.
The job holder will be responsible for driving the achievement of business objectives through the implementation of the Human Resources strategy, policies and practices.
- Plan the Identification, Attraction & Retention of the Best People
- Undertake strategic resourcing initiatives such as head hunting, market intelligence and talent acquisition.
- Undertake interviews for short listed candidates.
- Train and support line managers on the recruitment process.
- Ensure that all new joiners have been properly integrated into the organization and their roles. This will also involve monitoring and evaluation of the programs and ensuring that there is consistency across the business unit.
- Ensure that all staff have signed off job descriptions.
- Communicating regularly to candidates identified after interviews to keep them updated
- Organizational Development
- Drive organization implementation/change initiatives in line with the business unit strategies .
- Facilitate the preparation of job descriptions for new roles, ensure that the job roles are well-defined, and
- organizational structures are in place & constantly updated.
- Learning and Development
- Assess development needs of individuals, teams & the respective organizations to create processes and actions to address them.
- Put in place development processes and resources to address the priority people-development needs in the business.
- Co-ordination of the delivery of training programs and facilitate selected training.
- Monitor and evaluate the success of training and development initiatives by individuals and departments.
- Performance Management
- Manage the performance review process and reporting on the process outcomes. Specific activities involve:
- Providing guidance and coaching to line managers.
- Playing a mediation role in dificult appraisal outcomes that cannot be resolved at appraiser and key moderator level.
- Talent Management
- Ensure talent management policies and initiatives are being driven objectively.
- Maintain a data base of talent- both internal and external for focus areas based on market dynamics of supply and demand.
- Maintain the organization’s talent infrastructure. This includes building and managing such internal components as a company’s performance appraisal, talent reviews, succession planning, high-potential assessment and feedback mechanism.
- Provide Human Resources Business Intelligence
- Draw monthly reports of the key people metrics and review the trends for the business area for all key items.
- Highlight areas of concern to the business area’s management team and make recommendations on actions that can be taken to improve the trends. For example, if performance ratings are declining a deep dive could be done to determine the reasons and detailed actions should then be developed.
- Employee Relations
- Promote/maintain effective relationships between the organization and its employees.
- Leading Change
- Work with line managers to identify and manage change quickly and effectively to further business success.
6 years experience in Human Resource Management in a busy organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in the Social Sciences or relevant eld.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management .
- Valid practicing certificate from the Institute of Human Resource Management.
- Strategy development and implementation
- HR Policy development and implementation
- Performance management
- Reward management
- Strategic human capital resourcing
- Industrial relations
- Organization design
- Change management
- Culture management
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 7 September. 2021