Business Development and Technical General Manager Job, Current Sales & Marketing Job Vacancies In Kenya,
Position: Business Development and Technical General Manager,
The GM, Business Development and Technical Services is responsible for developing the marketing and operations strategy, market & product development, distribution and servicing within the Life Business. The GM is also responsible for ensuring that various technical functions (underwriting, claims, re-insurance, pricing, and general operations) of the company are in place and meet expectations.
Strategy and Marketing
- Actively participating in the development, implementation and execution of strategic marketing plans in support of the corporate strategy.
- Leading the development of customer segment strategies, defining value proposition, service levels, and production offerings for each segment.
Technical Oversight and Operational Control
- Monitoring risk acceptance and claims settlement processes to ensure that ICEA LION Life Insurance meets its financial obligations and produces acceptable underwriting results and loss ratios based on acceptable and sustained operating margins as set out in strategic plans and budgets.
- Ensuring that the underwriting criteria for each level of risk is appropriate to the premium and policy terms being offered and where necessary specifying and varying the products and terms being offered and ensuring that they are sound, sustainable and known to in-house underwriters
- Working in close conjunction with the company’s actuaries to ensure that pricing and structure of products is competitive and in line with market needs.
Product Review and Development
- Measuring product performance and liaises with business development and operations departments to implement appropriate improvements in line with consumer needs.
- Participating in the development and implementation of a structured process of product review and development.
- Coordinating product branding and launch, including name selection, product packaging, product advertising, sales promotions (new and existing), tradeshow marketing, and internet marketing in liaison with the Marketing & Communications Manager.
- Generating revenue from new and existing brokers and clients, identifying broker needs in order to help develop new business opportunities in liaison with Business Development heads.
- Developing, maintaining, and growing the alternative distribution channels in line with the business strategy.
- Mentoring, coaching, and mobilising the Business Development teams to achieve planned financial results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business field or related discipline from a reputable university.
- Professional qualification(s) in insurance e.g. ACII, FCII or equivalent
- Master’s in Business Administration is an added advantage.
- Ten (10) years’ post qualification experience with at least five (5) years at senior management level.
- Strong leadership and skills to foster teamwork; develop and motivate staff, resolve conflicts as well as ability to provide direction, guidance, momentum and vision in order to achieve organizational objectives.
- Strong communication and presentation skills including ability to develop proposals, concept papers, position papers as well as write reports and prepare relevant publications.
- High level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity.
- Strong expertise in strategic management, project planning and budgeting, resource management, implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation.
- Analysing and interpreting financial data and applying management principles and practices in making sound business decisions.
- Proven track record in developing and administering marketing programs and ability to establish clear metrics for marketing effectiveness.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Analytical and creative thinking skills
- Project management skills
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills
- Strong business acumen / business orientation
- Good customer relationship management skills (internal and external customers)
How to apply
If you meet, the requirements outlined send your CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title on the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.