I&M Bank is a leading commercial bank headquartered in Kenya with a growing regional presence.
The Bank offers a wide range of commercial banking and financial products and services, and prides itself on introducing innovative products and services based on the needs of its customers.
We are seeking to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual with extensive experience and abilities to support business growth in the following position:
Procurement & Logistics Support Manager
Purpose: The role is responsible for procuring high quality goods and services at the most competitive prices for the assigned category so as to ensure the Bank gets value for money.
The role will also be responsible for managing supplier relationships to deliver performance on costs, service and quality, while ensuring that the Bank promptly meets its payment obligations to the various suppliers.
This role also entails timely handling and payment of vendor invoices in order to maintain good relations with all suppliers.
The Incumbent will report to the Group Chief Finance Officer and will be responsible for:
- Ensuring implementation and maintenance of Procurement, Logistic and Administration policies and procedures, including periodic review to ensure these remain relevant in response to changing market dynamics.
- Active participation in all major Capital Projects to ensure all Financial aspects are well understood and adequately addressed, including Cost/benefit analysis of various Purchase Options
- Negotiation of Contract Terms for various goods and services procured to ensure the Bank obtains the best value for its money.
- Review of relevant Contract documentation to ensure all financial aspects are correctly captured therein in order to protect the Bank’s interest.
- Proactive review of the Bank’s Insurable Risks and ensuring implementation of the most cost effective Risk treatment.
- Liaison with Third Parties on all major Projects to ensure these are delivered on Budget and within agreed timeframes.
- Co-ordination and monitoring of outsourced Services to ensure agreed quality standards are maintained.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Relevant professional accounting qualification.
- Diploma from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS).
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS).
Skills and competencies required for this role
- Team player with ability to make independent strategic decisions.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage diverse internal and external relationships.
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-motivated and able to work within strict deadlines.
- High professional ethics and integrity.
- A strong background in Finance, with clear understanding of various Asset Acquisition Options and the implications thereof from an Accounting perspective.
- Minimum relevant experience required for role
The successful candidate must have at least five years experience at Manager Level in a large and busy Commercial Procurement and Logistics environment, with proven experience in the management of substantial Recurrent and Capital Expenditure budgets.
How to Apply
If you believe you meet the above requirements CLICK HERE to apply for the position.
Your application should reach us as soon as possible but not later than 21st May 2021.