Inades Formation Kenya
Job Vacancy: Chief Administration and Finance (CAF)
Overview of the Organization: Inades Formation is a pan- African organization working in ten (10) African countries namely; Kenya, Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Tchad, Cameroon, Togo, Congo DR, Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania.
The network has a General Secretariat at Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire. Inades Formation Kenya (IFK) is registered as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) with mandate to work anywhere in Kenya for Economic and Social advancement of the people.
In the past two decades, IFK has concentrated most of the projects in Machakos, Makueni and Kitui Counties.
We focus in the areas where we can make the biggest impact aiming at helping rural households cope with climate change variability by improving their food security and incomes.
Position Description: The Chief of Administration & Finance is a member of the senior Management team with supervisory roles to accounting and administrative staff. This position reports to the National Office Managing Director and is expected to deputise the MD.
As the Chief of Administration & Finance (CAF) you will be strategic in effective financial management, financial reporting, compliance, risk management, cost recovery, preparation of budgets and accounts statements for both internal use and external audit.
You will also play a central role in General administration of the National Office.
- Head of Administration and Finance department
- Prepare periodical management accounts and other relevant reports, in consultation with the Managing Director.
- General administration of the National Office.
- Ensure the overall smooth running of the National office internal administration and its cost-effectiveness.
- Support the overall administrative needs of Inades staff including the optimal utilization and maintenance of program assets and resources
- In coordination with Inades Managing Director, ensure accuracy, quality and timely preparation, review, approval and submission of all financial requirements for Inades donor projects, including month end closing, balance sheet reconciliations, collection of delinquent receivables; liaise with the external auditors and oversee the audit to be done in good time.
- Monitor monthly and quarterly cash needs ensuring accurate cash forecast and project cash needs are met;
- Review the monthly budget comparison report and develop corrective action plan as needed for donor project to ensure proper use of the approved project budget.
- Manage the national office operations, including management of statutory accounts together with current accounts of General secretariat.
- Ensure timely and well-prepared Financial reporting to technical team, Management, Board of directors, General secretariat and financial partners.
- Assist the Managing Director in management of administrative personnel in their duty performance and policy procedures.
- Ensure implementation of the organization internal control systems.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by adhering to internal controls and protecting the organization value by keeping information confidential.
- Ensure that Inades Project adheres to the donor’s requirements in Risk Management and Fraud Reporting systems, developing and maintaining a project Risk Management and Issues log, and developing a system for digitizing/tracking payments from the project
- Meeting financial standards as required by the international accounting standards.
- Conducting reviews and valuations for the national office resource base as maybe required
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being.
- Provide coaching. Strategically tailor individual development plans and complete performance assessments for direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field. A master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Must be a CPA (K) or ACCA
- Seven years’ experience in accounting, finance, and administration from a reputable organization
- Five years experience in donor funded organization and grant accounting.
- Possess strong leadership skills and a team player.
- Good in management of human resource
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent negotiation, presentation, and analytical skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal or no supervision.
- Excellent in computerized accounting preferably SAGE accounting system.
- Very good strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Very good relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
How to Apply
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a CV and Cover Letter to the;
Inades Formation Kenya
P.O Box 1905- 90100
with the subject line of the email as ‘Chief Administration and Finance.
Kindly remember to quote your salary expectation.
This is a full-time job based in Machakos town with field monitoring when need be and international travel when the need arises.
The position involves self-drive of a manual vehicle when attending official duties.
The closing date for applications is Sunday, 16th May 2021.
The successful candidate should be ready and willing to travel to IF Rwanda for a training in the second week of June 2021.