The Competition Authority of Kenya (the Authority) is a Statutory Agency established under the Competition Act No.12 of 2010. The Authority’s mandate is to promote and safeguard competition and also protect consumers from unfair and misleading market conduct.
Ref No. CAK/02.05/2021
- Carrying out audit tests on internal controls in accounting, administration, information systems and operational procedures;
- Preparing audit reports;
- Preparing risk based audit plans, programmes and schedules;
- Examining and evaluating the Authority’s internal controls to ascertain their adequacy and make recommendations for improvement;
- Reviewing the ICT security policies, standards, procedures and controls ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets;
- Performing information control reviews of internal control procedures including system development standards, operating procedures, system security, programming controls, communication controls, back up and disaster recovery and systems maintenance;
- Coordinating the updating and review of the department’s Quality Management Systems (QMS) and Information Management System (ISMS);
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement in IT policies and practices;
- Preparing audit reports and working papers to ensure that adequate documentation exists to support the completed audit conclusions;
- Documenting audit working and paper files;
- Following up on implementation of audit recommendations and reporting on the same;
- Performing adhoc audit assignments; and
- Providing support to external auditors.
Bachelor’s degree in Commerce ( Accounting/Finance) or other recognized equivalent qualifications
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Certified Public Accountant (CPAK) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and/or Certified Information Security Management
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) as an added advantage;
Competition Authority of Kenya
P.O Box 36265 – 00200
Email: [email protected]
or; log into the Authority’s Recruitment Portal https://jobs.cak.go.ke:802 or; Drop Point: Kenya Railways HQ’s, Block “D” ground floor,
The application shall include:
- Application letter;
- Detailed CV;
- Copy of National Identification Card;
- Certified copies of Academic and Professional certificates; and
- Names and contacts (telephone and e-mail) of three (3) professional referees.
Only applications with all the required attachments will be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The Competition Authority of Kenya is “An ALL Inclusive Employer”
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Closing Date : 7th June, 2021