KCA University (KCAU) is a private, non-profit institution, founded in July 1989 as Kenya College of Accountancy (KCA) by the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) to improve the quality of accountancy and financial management training in the country. KCAU is located on Thika Road in Ruaraka, Nairobi, Kenya. The institution also maintains satellite colleges under the School of Professional Programmes in Githunguri, Kericho, Eldoret, Kisumu and Kitengela.
- Responsible for Auditing Information Systems and Internal Controls.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to the development of the annual risk–based audit plan and execute audit assignments as per the approved audit work plan;
- Conduct regular internal control assessments of the University’s Information Systems and ICT Infrastructure;
- Perform audits of information systems controls including data integrity, backup and disaster recovery, data centre procedures, data communication and access controls, database administration and end user control;
- Conduct applications systems audits i.e. Microsoft Dynamics Navision and other business systems to determine the completeness and accuracy of transactions that have already been processed and the internal controls therein;
- Assist in IT and other fraud investigations;
- Undertake consulting, investigations, governance and risk management assignments as necessary;
- Preparation of audit reports to for effective communication and recommendations to management;
- Conduct follow up of reviews to ensure implementation of recommendations by the University Council, Audit Risk and Compliance Committee, and External Auditors;
- Ensure quality assurance to all audit work assigned including working papers, as per the standards as well as support the audit findings, recommendations and conclusions;
- Carry out other responsibilities as may be required by the Head of Internal Audit, Audit Committee or Management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Commerce, Business Information Technology or related area from a recognized university;
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA);
- Certified Public Accountant of Kenya and Member of ICPAK in good standing;
- Proficiency in the use of Computer Aided Audit Techniques;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Application (e.g. MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Proficiency in Auditing Principles and Techniques;
- Knowledge in Risk Management Principles and Techniques;
- At least four (4) years working experience as an Internal Auditor of which at least 2 years should be in performing Information Systems Audits;
- Membership of the Institute of Internal Auditors of Kenya will be an added advantage.
OTHER SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Analytical skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound leadership and management skills
- Self–driven and able to work within tight deadlines.
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 4 October. 2021