Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in many of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
To enhance communication activities in SNV Kenya, SNV seeks an all-round communications intern who will support communication activities (including use of social media), photography, videography, and knowledge management activities.
More specifically, the Communications Intern is expected to adhere to SNV brand guidelines alongside certain donor specific requirements while undertaking the following specific activities
- Assist with online outreach and social media promotions, including drafting posts for different social sites.
- Monitor social media for trending topics specific to the sector(s) and identify suitable action for SNV
- Collaborate with the Communications team to develop and design concepts and social media campaigns
- Support the communication team in creation, organizing and regular updating of the photography database; ensuring photos are correctly captioned and the correct consent forms identified
- Support project teams to capture and edit photos and videos while ensuring adherence to the EU GDPR guidelines on participant’s consent and right to personal data protection
- Support the preparation and delivery of the internal newsletter on a quarterly basis
- Monitor marketing communications activities
- Assist in the preparation of monthly communication updates for the team
- Support in the design of online and print materials for projects using design software; InDesign, Canva etc.
- Support in capturing and writing success stories for project beneficiaries, while highlighting the SNV products
- Support in analysing gaps in project SharePoint sites and supporting in collecting the required documents
- Support communication team in any other communication-related requests
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, communications, public relations or related field
- Previous internship in a development organisation with related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Mastery of English language (verbal and written)
- Good proofreading and writing skills
- Extensive knowledge of social media
- Basic graphic design knowledge including use on InDesign, Canva etcetera
- Creative, solutions-oriented and a real team player
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Willing to learn new things or take direction and comes up with new ideas or solutions on how to improve the team
What’s In It For You
- Good, solid experience in communication and international development that you can add to your CV
- A fun, inclusive team
- Lots of learning opportunities
- Travel to interesting project sites
3 months with possibility of extension
SNV Kenya will pay a monthly stipend and cover all field costs relating to the assigned tasks in the internship period exercise as guided by SNV policies.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 3rd July, 2021