The Independent Policing Oversight Authority (IPOA) is a state Authority created under an Act of Parliament No.35 of 2011, with the mandate of holding the police accountable to the public in the performance of their functions.
The Authority wishes to recruit results-oriented Kenyans citizen with drive, vision and creativity to fill the following vacant positions: –
SENIOR INVESTIGATIONS OFFICER
IPOA GRADE 5
CONSOLIDATED SALARY: KES.122,000 – 202,000
The Senior Investigations Officer will conduct investigations into serious complaints related to offences committed by any member of the Service as provided and guided under Section 6, 7, 24 and 25 of the IPOA Act.
The Position is responsible to the Head of Investigations.
Specific duties and responsibilities will entail: –
1) Conduct investigations into serious complaints related to offences committed by any member of the Service;
2) Support prosecution process in courts;
3) Record proceedings of Team operational meetings;
4) Review of patterns and trends of police misconduct;
5) Record proceedings of Departmental operational meetings;
6) Prepare procurement requisitions for effective team investigations operations;
7) Provide briefs on investigations activities and operations to the Team Leader;
8) Prepare investigations work plans for approval;
9) Compile investigations case files for quality reports;
10) Prepare annual budget, workplan and procurement plan;
11) Engage stakeholders’ in investigations operations;
12) Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annual performance and Annual reports;
13) Mentor and couch investigators;
14) Supervise and appraise direct reports and identify their training needs;
a) Must be a citizen of Kenya.
b) Meets the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya (certificates to be presented during the interview).
For appointment at this position, a candidate must have: –
(i) A Bachelor’s Degree in Forensic Science, Criminal Justice, Criminology, Law, Social Science, Military / Police Science or any other relevant field from a recognized institution.
(ii) Served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Investigations Officer at IPOA or six (6) years in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service or Private Sector.
(iii) A certificate in investigations course.
(iv) Computer application skills
(v) Registered with a relevant professional body where applicable.
Required behavioral and functional skills:
- Transparency and accountability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Team player
- Creativity and innovation
- Investigations Skills
- Supervisory Skills
- Planning Skills
- Decision Making Skills
- Evidence analysis and Analytical skills
- Report writing skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills
- Negotiation Skills
How to Apply:
Interested persons who meet the requirements should submit their application through Post Office, email, online or by hand delivery, clearly indicating the position and job reference number, on both the cover letter, envelope and email applications, together with a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, national identity card, names and telephone contacts of three referees, so as to reach the Authority by Tuesday, 4th May, 2021 to:
Director/Chief Executive Officer, Independent Policing Oversight Authority,
1st Ngong Avenue, ACK Garden Annex, 2nd Floor,
P.O Box 23035 – 00100, NAIROBI.
Online application portal: https://portal.ipoa.go.ke/careers/
Detailed job descriptions and specifications for the above positions are available in our website www.ipoa.go.ke/careers
IPOA is an equal opportunity employer and shall not in its recruitment discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, ethnic origin, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability, health or social status. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
IPOA does not engage any recruitment agencies and no medical examination is required before one attends an interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.