Sheer Logic Management Consultants is seeking to engage dynamic individuals for IT Operations Engineer Position for one of our clients.
Job Type: Contract for a period of 6 months and could be extended.
Purpose: Provide first and second level technical support to all employees and ensure a high level of client support and service.
- Deliver technical support to clients through telephone, email and onsite;
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve level one and level two problems for users of the server and personal computer (PC) software and hardware;
- Diagnose and resolve end-user network and local printer problems, PC hardware, e-mail, Internet, and local-area network access problems;
- Perform desktop hardware repair and installation for PC’s equipment and peripheral that are not covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements;
- Respond to and handle all IT operations requests;
- Maintain daily health checks and provide support for in-house and third party application;
- Analyze, support and coordinate requests for computer system service;
- Create tickets for all the daily operational tasks, requests and issues;
- Interact with the suppliers to acquire product information for computers, applications and peripheral equipment;
- Obtain product assistance through contacting hardware and software manufacturers;
- Interact and handle all issues and IT requirements with the Nairobi Stock Exchange; and
- Handle the requisition of required computer systems inventory in line with group standards and guidelines, and maintain an adequate inventory of computer supplies and parts.
- Candidates with banking/financial institution experience highly preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in providing end-user phone support for PC, desktop and application software;
- Experience in desktop operating systems, various (common) software applications and basic hardware;
- Good understanding of the principles of network systems;
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) is preferred;
- Basic understanding of electrical safety procedures;
- Able to build partnerships and work well in teams, especially in a start-up environment;
- Can identify problems and refer/escalate complex issues to a higher level.
How to Apply
Send your updated CV to email@example.com by 24th May 2021.
Clearly indicate the job title.