Job Title: Medical Officer
Reports To: Consultant Obstetrician / Gynaecologist
Department: Clinical Operations
Business Purpose / Objective: The job holder will be primarily responsible for providing quality clinical services to our clients.
About Jacaranda Maternity: Jacaranda Maternity is redesigning the future of healthcare in East Africa for the patients who need it most. Our hospital in Nairobi is changing the way maternal healthcare is provided by developing better ways to provide high-quality, patient-centred maternity care at affordable prices.
Currently, we see over 3,000 clients a month. We have won global and local recognition, including from the Centre for Health Market Innovations, the Gates Foundation, Savings Lives at Birth, and Innovations in Healthcare – and our facility has been independently rated as among the highest quality in Kenya.
We have big ambitions and require Medical Officers at our new hospital in Umoja.
Reporting to our doctor-in-charge, you will take on responsibility of delivering quality customer service and maintaining superior patient satisfaction.
Will you join us and help transform maternal and new-born health care in East Africa?
- Hold a Degree in Medicine and Surgery from a recognized university / (medical training) college with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Hold a valid active practicing license from the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Position holder should have at least 2 years’ experience working as a licensed Medical Officer in a busy maternity institution and experience in working in a startup maternity facility.
- Neonatal / Paediatric or reproductive health experience is an added advantage.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical reasoning skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Commitment to providing high quality care and excellence.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to use initiative to solve problems is a key competence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring and providing appropriate medical and surgical care to patients;
- Managing of clients for reproductive health both in the inpatient and outpatient;
- Admitting patients requiring special care followed by investigations and treatment;
- Examining and talking to patients to diagnose their medical conditions;
- Making notes and preparing paperwork, both as a legal record of treatment and for the benefit of other healthcare professionals;
- Coordinate and discuss planned care with the patient and other team professionals as appropriate;
- Coordinating and managing emergency patients in the inpatient and outpatient and ensuring client referral is effective;
- Maintain effective interpersonal relationships with all staff and patients and ensure clients have a good customer experience at Jacaranda Maternity;
- Ensure that patients are kept fully informed of and understand all procedures and treatments to be undertaken. Informed Consent will be obtained from patients in accordance with Jacaranda policy.
- Provide advice to patients regarding healthy lifestyles and specific measures that may help the patient avoid a recurrence of ill health;
- Assist in Continuous Medical Education for clinical staff in the facility;
- Any other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should apply through this link: Medical Officer
Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: July 6th 2021