Job Title: Nurse
About Jacaranda Maternity: Jacaranda Maternity is redesigning the future of healthcare in East Africa for the patients who need it most.
Our hospital in Nairobi is changing the way maternal healthcare is provided by developing better ways to provide high-quality, patient-centred maternity care at affordable prices.
Currently, we see over 3,000 clients a month. We have won global and local recognition, including from the Centre for Health Market Innovations, the Gates Foundation, Savings Lives at Birth, and Innovations in Healthcare – and our facility has been independently rated as among the highest quality in Kenya.
We have big ambitions and require Nurses at our new hospital in Umoja.
Reporting to our nurse-in-charge, we are looking for someone highly motivated and willing to take a lot of initiative and with a passion for providing quality care to our clients.
Will you join us and help transform maternal and new-born health care in East Africa?
Overall Purpose: Responsible for providing and maintain high standards of professional nursing care to all patients while ensuring consistent provision of efficient and ethical care to support it in achieving quality health service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Work requirements and tasks will be guided by the nursing council scope of practice, department’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), hospital protocols, which are reviewed periodically but will fall broadly in the following Key Responsibility Areas (KRAS)
- Work in collaboration with the clinical team and the management to implement effective procedures, rules, regulations that are consistent with the organization values and policies;
- Ensure adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and protocols for nursing services;
- Ensure compliance with established professional and institutional policies, procedures, rules, and regulations;
- Provide comprehensive antenatal care, postnatal care, family planning, deliveries, scrubbing for theatre procedures and other services for clients at the facility based on Jacaranda Maternity’s clinical protocols and processes;
- Provide friendly, helpful service, advice, guidance, and education to all clients;
- Maintain client and clinic operational data using our electronic medical records and other information systems;
- Maintain a good relationship with the community;
- Ensure all clients under their care have a good customer experience;
- Work closely with peer educators, CHWs, and traditional birth attendants for outreach and education within the community;
- Assessing a child’s needs and providing initial and continual care;
- Work closely with Jacaranda Outreach team to perform outreach and marketing activities and assist in facilitation of outreach activities;
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Hold a diploma or degree in nursing from a recognized university / (medical training) college.
- Position holder should have at least 5 years’ experience in Maternity or MCH/FP working as a licensed Nurse / Midwife in a busy maternity institution and experience in working in a start-up maternity facility.
- Hold an active Nursing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Neonatal/Paediatric or reproductive health nursing is an added advantage.
Interested candidates should CLICK HERE to apply online.
Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: May 4th 2021