Job Title: Patient Care Assistant / Nurse Aide (PCA)
Reports to: Nurse in Charge
Department: Clinical Operations
Business Purpose / Objective: This role is critical to Jacaranda’s goal, the holder(s) of this position must be organized, flexible, personable, and have a strong commitment to providing friendly and respectful care to all women.
Patient care assistants will have the opportunity to work with new technologies and quality improvement techniques, and interact with clinicians and advisors at the forefront of maternal health.
It is an excellent opportunity to learn new skills, and to receive mentorship in a clinical setting.
About Jacaranda Maternity
Jacaranda Maternity is redesigning the future of healthcare in East Africa for the patients who need it most.
Our hospital in Nairobi is changing the way maternal healthcare is provided by developing better ways to provide high-quality, patient-centred maternity care at affordable prices.
Currently, we see over 3,000 clients a month.
We have won global and local recognition, including from the Centre for Health Market Innovations, the Gates Foundation, Savings Lives at Birth, and Innovations in Healthcare – and our facility has been independently rated as among the highest quality in Kenya.
We have big ambitions and require Patient Care Assistants/Nurse Aides at our new hospital in Umoja.
Reporting to our nurse-in-charge, you will take on responsibility of delivering quality customer service and maintaining superior patient satisfaction.
Will you join us and help transform maternal and new-born health care in East Africa?
- Nurse Aide certificate from a recognized institution
- At least 2-3 years of clinical experience, preferably working in a maternity ward with good experience in maternal health and a strong commitment to providing friendly and respectful care to all women and experience in working in a startup maternity facility
- Any additional clinical training will be an added advantage
Knowledge and Skills
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and empathy; equally comfortable providing one-on-one counseling and presenting birth-preparedness education to groups
- Excellent analytical reasoning skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Commitment to providing high quality care and excellence.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to use initiative to solve problems is a key competence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist nurses to provide comprehensive care for all clients in the organization;
- Maintain high standards of customer service in interaction and care delivery;
- Provide health education to women awaiting appointments;
- Observe patients, identify emergency signs, and perform delegated interventions or assist in referring cases;
- Carry out technical clinical tasks and report findings to the nurse e.g. Blood Pressure etc.;
- Perform activities of daily living e.g. bathing, ambulating patients, assisting patients with meals, bed-making and maintenance of a clean patient environment etc.;
- Clean, sterilise and maintain surgical instruments;
- Work closely with Jacaranda Outreach team to perform outreach and marketing activities;
- Work closely with the Jacaranda Maternity team to identify and implement opportunities to improve clinical quality;
- Any other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should CLICK HERE to apply online.
Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: April 30th 2021