DEPARTMENT: FINANCE & ACCOUNTS
REPORTS TO: SENIOR EXECUTIVE – FINANCE (MIS & OPERATIONS)
JOB LOCATION: Nairobi, Kenya
JOB PURPOSE: Ensure production output and production utility consumptions are correctly captured in the set template to establish daily/weekly/monthly production variable cost and sharing the same with the respective production/maintenance/quality leadership team for further analysis and make recommendations on how to reduce costs.
• Review & validate daily production output and daily utility consumptions by section for correct assignment of variable costs.
• Populate daily production data in the set template and establish the variances against PVC Budget.
• Track and analyze product yield trends and online damages for each of the products produced and share with the Operations leadership team.
• Track actual utility consumptions and actual expenses for comparison against budget and flag variances for discussion with the concerned departmental leaders.
• Analyze, evaluate and provide explanations on all stock queries raised by the Immediate Supervisor, HODs & Senior Management.
• Track inventory variances arising through accidents and computing the loss for insurance claims.
• Monitor input against output from raw material to WIP and finally to finished goods.
• Participate in daily/weekly/monthly operations meetings and share production costs and utility consumptions for discussion and monitor changes as per corrective actions.
• Participate, prepare and monitor production and fixed costs budgets.
• Any other duties assigned by immediate supervisor or management.
• Analytical skills
• Attention to detail
• Accounting skills
• Good communication skills
• Computer literacy
• Proficiency in excel and Power point presentation
• 2 years’ experience in finance (inventory, costing & production accounting).
• Strong personality
• Strong interpersonal relations
• Able to work within tight deadlines.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Accounting, Commerce or related
• CPA II or equivalent
How to Apply
To apply for this job, send your Cover Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Title “Factory Cost Controller” on the subject line by 29th November, 2021. Early applications will be considered. Please note that if you do not meet the above requirements, there is no need to apply.