Business Development Officer Job, Sales & Marketing Kenyan Job Vacancies 2021,
Position: Business Development Officer
Job Ref. No. HRJIC619
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, General and Medical Insurance. Today, Jubilee is the number one insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clients. Jubilee Insurance has a network of offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi and Mauritius. It is the only ISO certified insurance group listed on the three East Africa stock exchanges – The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Its regional offices are highly rated on leadership, quality and risk management and have been awarded an AA- in Kenya and Uganda, and an A+ in Tanzania. For more information, visit www.JubileeInsurance.com.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Business Development Officer, Jubilee Life Insurance Limited. The position holder will report to the Business Development Manager and will be based at Head Office in Nairobi.
Managing relationships with broker partners and driving business through them, ensuring that broker sales officers are preferential to the Jubilee Corporate Life product and assisting in the procurement of new business and marketing of corporate life products to clients (group life, group last expense), in full compliance with the laid down procedures and guidelines as set out in the operations manuals.
- Business Growth – Devising and Implementing selling strategies and campaigns to existing brokers, Locate, propose and develop potential business partnerships with new brokers, follow up on identified prospects, introducing Jubilee Insurance products and proceedings to close sales and collect the premium as applicable and ensuring production as per set budget targets.
- Relationships Management – Assisting the Business Development Manager to build strong business relationships with our existing intermediaries and marketing Jubilee Insurance products.
- New Products – Assisting in researching the marketplace for details for the design of innovative products for Corporate Life
- Marketing brochures, write-ups, and merchandise – Prepare and disseminate materials essential for intermediaries to facilitate onboarding of clients. Implement training of intermediary staff and Promote the Jubilee brand with brokers to ensure top of mind awareness.
- Gathering Information on the Market – Assisting in maintaining accurate and up to date information of market trends, competition, and products in the market (Group Life)
- Visionary Leadership
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Market Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Innovation
- Ownership & Commitment
- Team Spirit
- Bachelor of Commerce in Marketing/Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science/any other related field. 2. IT Proficient (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Relevant Experience
- Minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience in a similar position.
How to apply
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via
Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 4th June 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.