Driver II Job, Current Driver Kenya Jobs,
Academic and Professional Qualifications
For appointment to this grade, the applicant must: –
- A Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D (Plain) or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- A valid driving license for classes B, C & E;
- A First Aid Certificate course lasting not less than one (1) week from St. Johns Ambulance, Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other equivalent institution;
- Passed the suitability test for Drivers Grade III;
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- A Certificate in Defensive Driving will be an added advantage; and
- Meet the Requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
- Have minimum progressive accident-free driving experience of five (5) years
Job Core Competencies
- Ability to carry-out basic level vehicle maintenance;
- Must be sober, observe body hygiene, courteous, honest and of high integrity;
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate in English & Kiswahili;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and make rational decisions;
- Ability to read maps effectively for directions;and
- Good time management skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Driving the vehicles as authorized;
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling and oil systems, electrical system, tyre pressure and brakes;
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems;
- Proper maintenance of work tickets for vehicles assigned to the driver;
- Ensuring security and safety of the vehicle on and off the road;
- Ensuring safety of the passengers and or goods therein
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by: –
- Filling an Online Application for Employment Form available at the JSC jobs portal: www.jsc.go.ke-index.php-careers
Applicants should upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application-
- A letter of application;
- Certified copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and academic transcripts;
- A detailed and updated curriculum vitae, to include background information such as past employment record (if any).
- Names of three (3) referees; two (2) professional referee and one (1) character reference;
- Certified copies of National Identity Card (I.D), Passport or any other relevant identifiable legal documents;
- Applicant’s recent coloured passport size photographs (2 No.)
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit valid copies of clearance certificates from the following bodies during the interview: –
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- A recognized Credit Reference Bureau;and
- Clearance from relevant professional body.
- Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies.
- The application must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 29TH OCTOBER, 2021 AT 5.00 P.M.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates