Senior Architect Job, Architecture Jobs Kenya,
For appointment to this grade, the applicant must have: –
- A Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Registered with the Board of Registration of Architects and Quantity
- Surveyors or any other recognized professional body;
- A Senior Management Course or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
- Minimum six (6) years relevant work experience;
- At least three (3) years at Supervisory Management level
Job Core Competencies:
- Sound knowledge of Public Procurement Laws of Kenya;
- Demonstrated ability to implement design standards, and administrative and operational procedures concerning projects;
- Knowledgeable in reviewing designs drawings of infrastructural projects;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Leadership & Good interpersonal skills;
- Professional and Technical competence;
- Confidentiality, High Integrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- Analytical & Negotiation Skills; and
- Organizational, planning skills and Results-oriented.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing designs and drawings of infrastructural projects;
- Engaging with the stakeholders on infrastructure requirements;
- Preparing architectural design drawings as per the judiciary infrastructure master plan;
- Formulating and implementing design standards, administrative and operational procedures concerning projects;
- Conducting periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with the plan;
- Carrying out site analysis and prepare project proposals;
- Preparing details, specifications, and schedules;
- Ensuring that all works are carried out to specification standards, building codes, guidelines and regulations
- Supervising infrastructure projects.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by: –
- Filling an Online Application for Employment Form available at the JSC jobs portal: www.jsc.go.ke-index.php-careers
Applicants should upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application-
- A letter of application;
- Certified copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and academic transcripts;
- A detailed and updated curriculum vitae, to include background information such as past employment record (if any).
- Names of three (3) referees; two (2) professional referee and one (1) character reference;
- Certified copies of National Identity Card (I.D), Passport or any other relevant identifiable legal documents;
- Applicant’s recent coloured passport size photographs (2 No.)
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit valid copies of clearance certificates from the following bodies during the interview: –
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- A recognized Credit Reference Bureau;and
- Clearance from relevant professional body.
- Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies.
- The application must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 29TH OCTOBER, 2021 AT 5.00 P.M.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates