Medical Services Director Job, Latest Director Kenyan Jobs 2021,
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons serving in the Public Service to fill the following vacant positions.
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
POSITION: Director Of Medical Services, JOB GROUP CPSB 03 (‘R’) – (1 POST)
Basic Salary: Kshs. 121,430 x 6,070– 127,500 x 6,370– 133,870 x 6,570– 140,440 x 6,770– 147,210 x 6,960– 154,170 x 7,160– 161,330 x 7,810 – 169,140 p.m.
Job summary; The officer shall be the overall technical lead of Medical Services at County level and shall be answerable to the Chief Officer, Health services. As the technical lead person, he/she shall provide strategic directions for Medical Services at County level. He/she will be responsible for the implementation of policies and procedures for effective and efficient management of Health services
The Overall duties will be to oversee service delivery in the following areas among others; Diagnostic Services, Clinical Services, Nursing Services, Pharmaceutical Services, Blood Safety, Rehabilitative services and Referral Services.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include: –
- Provide leadership in the implementation of a strategic plan which is linked to the Department of Health and National Health Plans;
- Lead the development of Annual Work Plans;
- Supervise the implementation of the existing quality assurance systems provided to monitor the quality of service, investigating of incidents/complaints in the hospitals and health facilities
- Lead the management of clinical audits, promoting and quality assurance issues including multidisciplinary audit and quality initiatives;
- Coordinate the training, coaching and mentoring of health personnel;
- Ensure that staff comply with the clinical and rehabilitative quality assurance guidelines;
- Develop and implement medical Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and protocols;
- Coordinate emergency response and clinical care; and
- Monitor and Evaluate activities against quality standards and respond.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must: –
- Have served in the grade of Deputy Director of Medical Services/Medical Specialist I, Job Group, CPSB 04 (“Q”) for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Have a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Masters’ degree in the relevant medical field from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Be registered with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board and possess a valid practicing license;
- Have capacity to undertake multiple tasks within strict timelines;
- Possess strategic and analytical skills with a deep understanding of the strategic and operational challenges of the health sector at County and National levels;
- Have analytical ability necessary to evaluate and determine health status of patients and implement proper care plan;
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interview, teach and counsel patients; instruct health care personnel on procedures and treatment;
- Ability to design and conduct operations, research, analyze and utilize research findings in planning activities to improve service delivery;
- Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the County Government’s mandate on Health, National health policies, and Kenya’s vision 2030.
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to the National Values and Principles of Public Service, Governance as espoused in the Constitution of Kenya 2010 under Articles 10 and 232.
How to Apply
All applicants should click on the Job Offers Option on the County Website www.kakamega.go.ke, fill the Application Form and submit it ONLINE on or before 24th September, 2021 at 11.59 P.M. N/B: No hard copy or emailed applications to the Board’s official email i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org will be accepted.
Applicants are advised to provide accurate information when making applications, those who give false information regarding their credentials and qualifications will be automatically disqualified. PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board (KCPSB) DOES NOT use Agents nor charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are; email address email@example.com and phone number 0713852573 ONLY.
S E C R E T A R Y / C E O , C P S B