The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA) is responsible for providing regulatory oversight on air safety, air navigation services and aviation training in Kenya.
The Authority is seeking to recruit qualified Kenyan citizens to fill the following vacant positions in its establishment.
JOB TITLE: QUALITY MANAGEMENT OFFICER I
KCAA SCALE 8
Department / Section: Office of the Director, EASA
Reports To: Director, East African School of Aviation
Job Purpose Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the School’s quality management system to ensure compliance with national and international aviation training standards and requirements of regulatory bodies.
Scope of work / duties / responsibilities
- Implementing Quality Management initiatives adopted by the school.
- Preparing and implementing Internal Audit programs.
- Participating in the provision of Quality Assurance on all services offered by EASA.
- Preparing periodic reports to management on performance of EASA quality system and recommend review as appropriate for continuous improvement of service delivery.
- Participating in the activities of the Quality committee and Auditors on execution QMS matters.
- Supervising the implementation of Corrective Action Plans on all Internal and External Audit Findings.
- Assisting in the planning and development of Quality Strategy, Policy and procedures necessary for compliance with Regulatory requirements and enhancement of customer experience.
- Participating in the preparation of department’s annual budgets and procurement plans.
- Liaising with external Auditors including the CAA, Certification Bodies (CB) among others in the execution of their surveillance functions to confirm continued compliance to all requirements/standards adopted by EASA.
- Participating in the design of effective business processes and improvement of existing ones in line with EASA’s objectives, statutory, regulatory and customer requirements.
- Participating in the implementation of quality improvement initiatives and projects in the business units as well as Reports on project progress and compliance issues and suggest remedial actions.
- Participating in the activities of external auditors during surveillance and certification audits.
- Analyzing the effectiveness of corrective action plans implemented by departments through follow-up.
- Preparing quarterly reports on status of the EASA quality system for consideration by the EASA Management.
- Collecting, collating and analyzing customer feedback and giving detailed reports to Management review committee.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Aviation Management, Humanities and Social Sciences, Education, Aeronautical Engineering, Physical Sciences, Information Science, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- A certificate in quality management from a recognized institution.
- Training in an aviation field covered by the Civil Aviation (Approved Training Organization) Regulations.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ work experience as a Quality Management Officer.
Knowledge and skills
- Project management skills, including design, implementation and evaluation
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in computer operations
Interested candidates are required to submit their application letters quoting the job reference No. on the envelope and application letter, attaching copies of certificates, testimonials and a detailed CV with full contact details of three professional referees to the address below.
The applications should be received not later than 16th July 2021.
Details of the job specifications can be obtained from the KCAA website at www.kcaa.or.ke
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
Female candidates and persons with disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
Note: Persons with disabilities are required to attach a valid copy of NCPWD membership card.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
Aviation House – JKIA
P. O. Box 30163 – 00100
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.