Pharmaceutical Technologist Job, Pharmaceutical Jobs Kenya 2021,
KEMRI –CCR PHRD clinical trials Project is currently looking for motivated individuals to fill in the following positions:
Position: Pharmaceutical Technologist (2 Positions) KMR 8
Reports to: Pharmacy Lead
To dispense drugs to study participants and manage the Pharmacy under supervision of the pharmacy lead
- Dispense drugs to study participants
- Counsel clients on drugs administration and compliance
- Order corresponding supplies such as drugs, clinical items and other pharmaceutical items from approved vendor(s) and sponsor organization(s).
- Maintain drug logs and manage inventory to assure adequate and accurate inventory levels are maintained
- Prepare pharmacy budget as per the needs of the study protocols
- Support and promote the safe and ethical use of investigational drugs
- Develop standard operating procedures for pharmacy management as per study
- Issue clinical items to clinicians and counselors
- Perform other functions as requested by the supervisor
- Diploma in Pharmacy/ Pharmaceutical Technology from PPB accredited institution
- Must be enrolled with the Pharmacy & Poisons Board and in a professional association
- At least three years’ experience
- Experience working in clinical research setting is an added advantage
- Experience and knowledge in vaccines and HIV care is an added advantage
Terms of employment
Employment is a one year renewable contract with a probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
How to Apply
- All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements
- Must include a current CV with names of at least 2 referees
- Must include copies of academic and professional certificates
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 20th July, 2021.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.