Registered Nurse Job, Medical Jobs April, Nursing Jobs 2021,
The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) is a State Corporation established in Kenya in 1979 through the Science and Technology (Repealed) Act, Cap 250 of the Laws of Kenya and as currently established and dully accredited to continue to operate as such under the Science Technology and Innovation Act, 2013 as the national body responsible for carrying out research in human health in Kenya. KEMRI’s vision is “to be a leading centre of excellence in human health research” and its mission is “to improve human health and quality of life through research, capacity building and service delivery”.
KEMRI seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative and experienced persons to fill the following positions:-
REGISTERED NURSE, JOB GROUP KMR 8 – 2 POSITIONS
This is the entry and training grade for Diploma holders in this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a senior officer.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:
- Assessing patients and clients and establishing health care needs;
- Planning and implementing care interventions based on patients’/clients’ health needs;
- Ensuring infection prevention control providing appropriate healthcare services,
- Including, administration of medication,
- Providing health education and
- Counselling on identified health and socio-economic needs to patients/clients;
- Referring patients and clients appropriately;
- Ensuring a tidy and safe clinical environment; and
- Ensuring safe custody of the nursing equipment and nursing
- Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing, Nursing, Kenya Registered Midwifery, Nursing/Midwifery, Nursing/Mental Health and Psychiatry or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Valid Practising Licensing from Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Proficiency in computer application skills from a recognized institution; and
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
Key Skills and Competencies
- Organisational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Team player
How to Apply
Terms of Employment: A six (6) months contract, as per KEMRI Human Resource Policy and Procedures Manual with a probation period for the first three (3) months.
All the applications to be done through KEMRI Website www.kemri.org/careers
E-Recruitment Portal on or before 11th May 2021 latest 5.00 p.m.
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity; persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. KEMRI does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview and processing of offer letter. If asked for a fee, report such request immediately.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted