Research Medical Officer Job, Medical Jobs In Kenya 2021,
Position: Research Medical Officer (Position 1) K MR5 Vacancy No. FN- 09-05-2021
Reports to: Study Coordinator
Duration: 1 Year Renewable Contract as per KEMRI Scheme of Service. The first 3 months is a probation period
- Administration and budget plans for the clinic department
- Supervision – clinic staff and clinical activities, including duty allocation and weekly Rota, ensure smooth clinical flow.
- Staff training- Regular staff trainings and assessments on protocol, SOPs and other study relevant materials
- Participant safety- Assess participant eligibility, assess, monitor, track, grade and report Adverse events/Serious Adverse events including laboratory results
- Participant recruitment and retention
- Community and stakeholder engagement
- Perform participant medical and physical examinations
- Develop and review study SOPs, manuals and IEC materials
- Quality control: Ensure high quality data collection and timely query resolution by the clinical team.
- Report writing and presentations : Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports of clinic study activities
- Experienced, practicing medical officer (MD/MBChB) with extensive and recent hands-on experience and expertise in supervision
- Minimum 3 years professional clinical experience hands-on experience and expertise in supervision
- Experience managing and supporting other staff in the professional field
- Professional experience in emergency/disaster medicine, outbreak management, Public Health, Pediatrics, Rural and remote medicine or other relevant areas is an asset
- Good Clinical Practice training/Human Subjects Protection training
- Up to date with resuscitation and anaphylaxis including competent to give intramuscular injections and subcutaneous administration of local anesthetic
- Experience working with pediatric, adult and geriatric patient populations
- Ability to coordinate and deliver out-patient services in low-resource settings
- Competent computer skills (Windows, Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail)
- Commitment to integrity and high quality performance
- Building trust; Teamwork; Communication; Professionalism; Empowering others; Diversity; Judgement/Decision-making.
How to Apply
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number on the subject line)
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e- mail address
- Two letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
- Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts
- A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
- A copy of National Identity card or passport
All applications to be done through email email@example.com
Closing Date: 7th June,2021
KEMRI or any of its programs, Studies or Projects does not solicit for Money or any form of reward for a Job applicant to be considered for employment. Any such requests should be immediately reported to the HR department. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.