One Acre Fund is a nonprofit organization that supplies smallholder farmers in East Africa with asset-based financing and agriculture training services to reduce hunger and poverty.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The mandate of the Market Access team is to start up agribusinesses that work for smallholder farmers, focusing on high value crops such as macadamia and avocados. As a member of the Market Access team, you help develop new programs as they move from early stage trials to scale.
One of the flagship Market Access projects enables macadamia farmers by sourcing from them at premium prices, processing high-quality products according to international standards, and exporting globally to distribution partners in Europe and America. As part of this project, we are recruiting experts for our macadamia processing team to ensure production of nuts in compliance with the highest quality standards.
- Lead the Internal Audits of the Quality Assurance Team.
- Ensure the receiving procedures for incoming Macadamia Nuts and Products used in production are following quality and safety standards.
- Perform supplier audits to ensure they meet our standards.
- Train our Macadamia suppliers on expected Macadamia quality standards and assess their farms and assist where needed with an improvement plan.
- Ensure that the ISO/FSSC 22000 standards and procedures are being followed.
- Ensure relevant training of the food safety team members and other staff of food safety and quality,
- Prepare and manage all ISO/FSSC documentation
- Ensure the end product meets the hygiene and quality requirements. The pack team would report to you on this.
- Internal audit planning and management. Manage all the internal audits for the ISO 22000 plan.
- Nonconformity and corrective action: Manage any recall, mock recalls and non-confirming products.
- Report to the top management on the performance of the FSMS and any need for improvement.
- Liaison with external parties on matters relating to food safety and Quality management system.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 3 years work experience in macadamia processing, including ownership over quality of products, e.g. management position in a quality assurance team
- Have ISO 22000 /BRC experience.
- Have FSSC 22000 qualifications and experience in implementation.
- Have team leadership skills.
- Have good training skills.
- Can write comprehensive reports.
- Must be hands-on – leading by example.
- Minimum academic Qualification –Bachelor’s degree in food science or related field.
- As soon as possible
- Sagana, Kenya
- Health insurance, paid time off
- Connect and collaborate with engaging colleagues from diverse backgrounds))
- Professional development opportunities
- This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 27 December. 2021