Chief Safety Fire Officer Job, Current Health & Safety Jobs,
GRADE KPC 6
- Ensure serviceability of Fire vehicles, Mobile firefighting equipment, Fixed fire installations, portable firefighting equipment and all firefighting equipment across all KPC
- Perform inspection of firefighting equipment, write and submit proposals to modify, replace, and repair fire- fighting
- Develop and implement fire fighting protocols for KPC depots, based on fire fighting
- Develop and implement fire emergency evacuation plan within KPC depots
- Prepare and submit proposals for repair, modification, or replacement of firefighting equipment
- Undertakes inspection of KPC premises and other hazardous zones to ascertain compliance with safety
- Prepare, coordinate and implement fire training for Emergency Response Training (ERT) members across KPC
- Provides fire safety awareness to employees and all stakeholders with regards to fire hazards to which they may be
- Supervise and participate in the inspection of fire fighting equipment in order to ensure that they are in compliance with applicable fire codes, laws, regulations, and
- Perform inspection of firefighting equipment, write and submit proposals to modify, replace, and repair
- Higher National Diploma in Fire Engineering or Safety Management, Engineering or related field Engineering or its recognized equivalent from a recognised institution with Eight (8) years relevant experience
- Diploma in Fire Engineering or Safety Management, Engineering or related field Engineering or its recognized equivalent from a recognised institution with Twelve (12) years relevant
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Demonstrated competence in work performance
- Valid driving license for Class BCE
- Train the Trainer certification will be an added advantage
Key Skills and Competencies
- Good knowledge and understanding of KPC Fire Safety working procedures in projects, operations, maintenance and emergency
- Effective communication, interpersonal and team player
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills including ability to write
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving trends in Fire Safety through continuous professional
- Demonstrated skill in carrying out training in fire
Interested candidates are requested to visit the KPC website www.kpc.co.ke under the Career Opportunities section where the Job Descriptions and Specifications as well as the User Manual containing instructions on how to apply for the positions have been posted.
All applications should be received not later than Tuesday, 18th May 2021.
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.