Safety, Health & Environment Manager Job, Latest Health & Safety Kenyan Jobs,
Safety, Health & Environment Manager, Grade KPC 3
- Determine the strategic direction and work priorities within Safety, Health and Environment Sections;
- Provide guidance on the implementation of policies, objectives and goals pertaining to Safety, Health and Environment sections to ensure smooth execution and achievement of desired targets as contained in the Corporate Strategic Plan (CSP);
- Promote quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization by ensuring compliance with national and international standards and legislation on Safety, Health & Environment;
- Provide technical support to line management as appropriate to ensure compliance with related legislation, rules and Company standards.
- Ensure monitoring the pipeline system, activities and processes safety and integrity by conducting internal audits and operational safety inspections.
- Ensure KPC system is in compliance with HSE statute and related regulations through internal and external audits, inspections, safety tours.
- Ensure the Company is prepared for emergency management.
- Ensure all HSE findings and recommendations from internal and external audits are closed out.
- Ensure HSE awareness and training for staff (including new staff), visitors and Contractors in Company premises is conducted.
- Ensure HSE programs are coordinated and internal and external Safety requirements in Company projects are adhered to.
- Review HSE data for management decision making.
- Liaise with key stakeholders e on environmental matters.
- Develop and lead the Waste Management programs for the organization
- Investigating accidents and developing corrective action plans.
- Liaise with other relevant external bodies e.g. PIEA, NEMA, DOSH, stakeholders and customers on matters relating to the organization’s environment management system(s) and advising on planning and licensing applications;
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences or Engineering or Environmental Studies or equivalent
- Post Graduate qualification in HSE related studies (if first degree is not in areas stated above).
- Minimum years ten (10) years relevant experience with at least five (5) years’ experience in a Management capacity.
- Membership to a relevant professional body.
- Registered Occupational Safety and Health and Fire advisor by Directorate of Occupational Safety and Health.
- Registered lead expert by National Environmental Management Authority(NEMA),
- Leadership Development Course lasting not less than two (2) weeks
- Proficiency in Computer Applications
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Fulfilment of the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
Key Skills and Competencies
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of KPC requirements including broad knowledge of international trends in Oil Industry and/or engineering.
- Strong well developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills including ability to prepare relevant reports.
- Flexibility and responsiveness in handling and determining operations issues , sound analytical skills and the ability to identify with precision the critical factors of a problem in an impartial and objective way.
- Demonstrated ability to deal patiently and sympathetically with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving trends in the petroleum sector.
- Proficiency in computer applications especially those used in quality assurance/ control and engineering.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in risk management, quality assurance as well as monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to deliver KPC’s articulated vision for change
- Ability to establish and lead flexible multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to empower staff through coaching and counselling
How to Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.