Regional Logistics Officer Job, Logistics Kenya Jobs 2021,
Position Title: Regional Logistics Officer – West Kenya Region
Reporting to: Administratively to Regional Manager (West Kenya) and technically to Senior Logistics Officer
Job Location: Kisumu
The Regional Supply Chain Officer undertake necessary operational logistics, procurement, supply chain and administration services.
- Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality;
- Liaising between suppliers, relevant internal departments and customers;
- Prepare procurement plans for the Region within 30 calendar days after approval of work plans.
- Identifying and pre-qualify potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers, and building and maintaining good relationships with them;
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring their progress, checking the quality of service provided;
- Follow up on specifications and clarify with users and budget holders on incomplete Purchase requests and provide feedback on the status of their requests.
- prepare the bid document(s) within five(5) days for the subject procurement after receiving the purchase requisition by incorporating the specifications from user departments.
- Recommend bids for awards, prepare LPOs/LSOs f or contracts agreements for the Regional Manager’s and Finance Officer’s approval.
- Ensure orders and contracts are sent to successful bidders on time.
- As secretary to the Regional Procurement committee ensure all procurements are done within the prescriptions of the Procurement Manual before approving the tender award.
- Track order deliveries and provide feedback to users internally on any delays.
- Support Branches for any procurements done at their level.
- Preparing and presenting monthly & quarterly reports to management.
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data.
- Coordinate deployment of motor-vehicles and drivers to provide efficient and safe transportation as well as obtain optimum use of transport resources.
- Approve all log sheets for regional drivers.
- Coordinate the repair and maintenance of motor-vehicles in authorized garages against approved requisitions. Also follow up to ensure that motor-vehicles are repaired to the highest standards of quality and within budget limitations
- Manage vehicle fuel, including monitoring each vehicle for consumption
- Maintain up to date files for each vehicle in the region
- Coordinate accident reporting and documentation
- Supplier Accounts Management (fuel, parts, services)
- Receive all goods purchased in the regions, issues & sign off all GRNs
- Ensure stock counts are done regularly at the regional warehouse.
- Ensure bins cards are updated on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all goods received in the warehouse are packaged & stored safely
- Supervise & coordinate work for all warehouse staff at the Region
- Supervise warehouse assistants, fleet assistants, procurement assistants at the regional level.
- Supervise all drivers in the region.
- Setting of performance objectives
- Conduct performance review every six months and annually to ensure that, performance objectives are appropriately achieved.
- Manage performance and disciplinary issues in accordance with HR policies and procedures.
- Assure sustainability of operations in the entire Region through robust income generation through mileage claims and warehouse leasing.
- Raise mileage invoices for all vehicles in the region and follow-up payment at the Headquarters.
- Actively source for new income generating opportunities
- University Degree in Business Management, Logistics, Supply Chain, Procurement or any other related field.
- CIPS or KISM membership will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 2–3-year professional experience in procurement preferably with an INGO.
- Working experience on RCRC, USAID, ECHO, UN and other donor funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Possession of a Valid Driving license is an added advantage.
- Very good command in Swahili and English, both writing and speaking.
- Able to work under pressure, able to multitask, excellent team player and able to work in a multinational environment.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Highly organized.
- Excellent follow up skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and accommodate to changing work environment.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than 17th September 2020;
- Send an updated CV including 3 (three) relevant referees and their contact/email details;
- A one-page cover letter.
Selected candidates will be required to go through background checks that will include obtaining a current certificate of good conduct and an anti-terrorist check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.