EAPI (East Africa Packaging Industries) is the hub for East Africa operations of Canadian Overseas Packaging which manufactures corrugated cartons.
Reporting to: Sales Manager
This role will be based in Mombasa and requires that the job holder is 100% field based across Kenya and possibly Eastern and Rest of Africa. The ideal candidate will spend long periods unsupervised and extensive travelling with an occasional night away from home. The job holder will works closely with the Sales Manager, Head of Customer Service, Factory Managers, Finance and other Sales Team Members.
This role involves internal liaison at middle/ senior manager level and high level of cross functional support within EAPI. The Key Account Executive is the key contact between EAPI and the customer on day-to-day business processes such as Sales ordering, Invoicing, Debt Collection, Planning, Customer Complaints and Account Development. The Key Account Executive will be expected to have high levels of regular contact with the customer as well as good relationships with Key decision makers in the customers organization.
- Develop Accounts penetration plans; Sales Pipelines; and Business Plans with accounts owners / with KPIs maximizing our value chain and working to grow both Volume and Revenue within our accounts.
- To define and deliver stretching accounts business plans and the strategy for their implementation around a total packaging solutions provider coupled with value addition approach.
- Prospecting new business and building portfolio of Key Accounts whilst innovatively implementing a proactive packaging solutions provision approach.
- Ability to work cross functionally within EAPI across all functions
- Ensure compliance with safety requirements at the work environment.
- Any other departmental tasks assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in a business or engineering related field or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience in sales
- High aptitude for learning new things and grasping the basic technical aspects of packaging & materials design.
- Must be a disciplined Report writer.
- Must be a Team Player.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Abreast of industry updates
- Must be a strong closer, good at following up on agreed actions and customer promises.
- Must be a Self-Starter, working well independently with little supervision.
- Must be a highly organized individual, able to maintain a visitation regimen without supervision.
- Must have a high sense of professionalism.
- Values and ensures high level of customer service.
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Key Account Executive) to
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date : 20th May, 2021