Pharmacists Job, Current County Government Jobs In Kenya 2021,
Kiambu County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions under Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and the County Government Act, No. 17 of 2012.
PHARMACISTS- (JOB GROUP CPSB 07) – (4 POSTS) V/NO. KCPSB/HS/15/2021
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Bachelor of Pharmacy degree from an institution recognized by Pharmacy and Poison’s Board;
- At least one year post qualification working experience;
- Certificate of Registration by the Pharmacy and Poison’s Board;
- Valid practicing license from Pharmacy and Poison’s Board;
- Certificate in Computer proficiency skills from a recognized institution
- Oversee the day to day operations of the hospital pharmacy;
- Oversee proper medicines storage, distribution and management;
- Conduct comprehensive medication use counseling to patients including patients with chronic illnesses such as HIV;
- Identifies and provides solution for medication use problems in patients;
- Conduct regular ward rounds in the hospital and identify pharmaceutical care needs;
- Provides medicines information to other health workers;
- Pharmaco-vigilance: detection and monitoring of safety of medications;
- Therapeutic drug monitoring to patients, ICU and HDU department to ensure optimal body drug levels;
- Develop and disseminate standard operation procedures on safe and effective drug administration in the hospital;
- Rationale drug use evaluation in the hospital;
- Preparation of specialist medicines for administration (e.g. reconstitution of cancer medicines);
- Dispensing of specialist drugs in the hospital (Narcotics and psychoactive medicines);
- Other duties as assigned by the hospital
How to Apply
All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed curriculum vitae with names, address and telephone contacts of three referees. Academic and professional certificates, testimonials, national identity card or passport and any other supporting documents. Clearly indicate the position applied for both on the cover letter and the envelope.
Hand delivered applications should be dropped in the specific box provided at the County Public Service Board offices, Room 103, first floor at Thika Sub-County offices between 8.00 a.m and 5.00 p.m on weekdays.
Applicants should seek clearance from and attach copies or evidence thereof of the CURRENT (valid in 2021) documents below;
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should reach the undersigned on or before 14th May, 2021 at 5.00 pm.
County Public Service Board
P .O Box 2362 – 00900
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
- Short listed candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- The County Public Service Board is committed to availing equal employment opportunities to all Kenyans. People with disabilities, the marginalized and the minorities are encouraged to apply
The County Public Service Board does NOT Charge any fee in the recruitment process, candidates should report to Police any one/number calling to solicit for cash from the applicants