DEPARTMENT: Customs & Border Control,
DIVISION: Border Control & Enforcement,
Directly: Commissioner – Customs & Border Control
Indirectly: Commissioner-General (Border Control Operations Coordinating Committee –(BCOCC)
Chief Manager – Enforcement Headquarters
Chief Manager – Northern Region
Chief Manager – Marine Operations
Chief Manager – Passenger Clearance & Enforcement (NCS)
Manager OSBPs and Land borders
This role is responsible for formulating and overseeing the implementation of policies,
Strategies and procedures on BCE as per Kenya Revenue Authority’s strategic objectives.
Managerial /Supervisory responsibilities
- Oversee formulation of strategies and plans for the development and implementation of Border Control, Security & Enforcement programs to effectively manage the function.
- Oversee, direct, monitor and control operations in the division to enhance BCE operations
- Developing a comprehensive annual work plan for effective BCE operations
- Oversee analysis and implementation of policy directives and strategies for smooth running of BCE operations.
- Establish and maintain liaison and working relationships with local, regional and international stakeholders for effectiveness of BCE.
- Overseeing implementation of One-Stop- Border Post concept
- Lead advisor for government and other stakeholders on gazettement of additional border posts
- Oversee effective operation of the Marine and K-9 Units
- Coordination and implementation of actionable intelligence activities and report as appropriate.
- Day-to-day supervision, management of performance and development of staff in the Division
- Facilitate implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the Division: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- Development and management of the divisional work plan and budget.
- Drive initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the Division .
- Development, approval and utilization of Divisional budgets.
- Collection of Border Control and Enforcement Revenue
Responsibility of Physical assets
- Responsible over physical assets assigned by the Authority.
Decision making /Job influence
- Makes managerial, strategic and financial decisions.
- Assigns work to Direct reports
- Monitors and evaluates work performance of direct reports
- Works predominantly within the office as well as in the borders during engagements with other stakeholders on security management.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, experience and attributes/skills)
- A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from a recognized institution
Professional qualification/membership to professional bodies
- Postgraduate Diploma/Certificate in Customs Administration; Certification in Security- related field or equivalent
- Minimum of Ten (10) years work experience in a similar role with at least Five (5) years in a senior management role.
Functional skills/Behavioural competencies /attributes
- Strategic agility
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Good knowledge of Customs Legislation, Regulation and Procedures
- Good awareness of operating environment
- Results driven and analytical
- Problem solving
- Analytical thinking
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills
- Risk management and analysis
- Mentoring and coaching
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Integrated border management
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 3rd May 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.