Supervisor (SUP) – Data Integration and Architecture Job, IT Kenyan Jobs 2021,
This role is responsible for defining and identifying how the diverse and dynamic Data platforms support and enable our analytics platforms. This role has a focus on the Data Architectures and quality required for analytics to yield critical insights that will enhanced revenue Administration outcomes.
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Support Data architecture for the decision support systems including rules, policies, standards and models that govern and define the type of Data collected and how it is used, stored, managed and integrated and its database systems.
- Design Data structures and Data integration practices that are highly scalable
- Document Data inventory and Data flow diagrams
- Support the implementation of Data modelling best practices for decision support systems.
- Execute Data quality rules and definitions consistent with Business strategies.
- Support the development of Data quality metrics that identify gaps and ensure compliance with standards across the organization
- Define standards for Data within assigned domain
- Manage domains business glossary; business relationships, new elements & metadata
- Maintains database dictionaries, monitors standards and procedures and integration of systems through database design.
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Statistics or related field.
- Membership to a relevant Professional Body
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Data management working in organizations with mature Data governance capabilities, including standardized Data vocabularies and related capabilities (business glossaries, Data dictionaries, etc.)
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Ability to Create Data maps and the corresponding design for the work and Data flows including event handlers and transactions
- Advanced Knowledge in
- Data integration and database development technologies and processes
- Data Warehouse, ETL, Business Intelligence and Analytics tools
- Designing complex Data models for operational, analytical, and reporting database applications.
- Implementing Data Warehouse and Data Mart applications, incorporating Data extraction, Data transformation, and loading (ETL) processes,
- Familiarity with Revenue collection practices and policies is essential.
- Ability to translate complex technical terminology, concepts and issues in terms understandable to technical and non-technical management and staff
- Strong interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner, lead working groups, negotiate and create consensus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to quickly synthesize Data and develop recommendations.
- Demonstrable behavioral analytical experience
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal including effective presentation
- Leadership qualities which include team work, good judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and adaptable to team environments
- Meticulous and with attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task as well as work under pressure
- A person of integrity
How to Apply