The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) is the principal revenue collector for the Government of Kenya with the primary goal to deliver Kenya to financial self-sufficiency through effective tax revenue mobilization.
KRA is seeking a result-oriented, self-driven individual of high integrity to fill the position of Deputy Commissioner – Trade Facilitation.
Purpose of the job: The Deputy Commissioner – Trade Facilitation is responsible for overseeing the Trade Facilitation initiatives in compliance with national and international trade treaties and conventions.
Key Responsibilities of the job:
- Overseeing Trade Facilitation programs and initiatives; rules of origin, Authorized Economic Operator (AEO), Trade Facilitation Agreements (TFAs) (WTO, AU), pre- arrival clearance, export management.
- Oversee management of Remissions and Exemption regimes for the department.
- Oversee Customs bonds management.
- Oversee coordination of departmental taxpayer services programmes.
- Establish and maintain liaison and working relationships with Government Agencies, Departments and other stakeholders to enhance effective Customs operations.
- Oversee analysis and implementation of legislation and policy guidelines and strategies for smooth running of Customs operations.
- Day-to-day operations, supervision, management of performance and development of staff in the Division
- Facilitate implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the unit: Division: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- Development and management of the Divisional work plan and budget.
- Drive initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the division.
The job holder should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from a recognized institution
- Postgraduate qualifications in Customs Administration and membership to a professional body is an added advantage
- Minimum of Ten (10) years’ work experience in trade facilitation within Customs or equivalent environment with at least Five (5) years in a senior management role.
In addition, candidates should demonstrate the following personal traits and competencies:
- Strategic agility
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Good knowledge of Customs Legislation, Regulation and Procedures
- Good awareness of operating environment
- Results driven and analytical
- Problem solving
- Analytical thinking
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills
- Risk management and analysis
- Mentoring and coaching
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
1. All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online through the process below.
2. ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
3. All applications should be submitted online by 5.00 pm on 12th July, 2021.
4. KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons Living with Disability are encouraged to apply.
5. KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
1. Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process. Use your personal/private email address (non-work email) to register.
2. After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
1. After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
2. Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
3. After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
1. On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
2. Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
3. Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
4. The process will end by clicking the tab ‘Overview and Release’.
5. Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
1. To view the open job postings click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
2. Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
3. Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
4. To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
5. Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
6. Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
7. To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenge, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org