Department: Intelligence & Strategic Operations,
Division: Intelligence Management,
Section / Unit: Intelligence Exchange & Stakeholders Engagement,
Location / Work Station: Times Tower,
Deputy Commissioner – Intelligence Management
Manager – Intelligence Exchange & Stakeholder engagement (1)
Manager- Intelligence Feedback Management (1)
This role is responsible for overseeing intelligence exchange, and feedback management on intelligence disseminated. The role is also responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of frameworks and strategies for stakeholder engagement and combating illicit trade in line with the Authority’s vision, goals and direction.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Oversee development and implementation of effective frameworks for intelligence exchange, stakeholder engagement and feedback management in identification of risk factors.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to facilitate the process of intelligence exchange, stakeholder engagement, combating illicit trade and feedback management.
- Co-ordinate development of strategies, objectives and implementation of work plans for intelligence exchange, stakeholder engagement, combating illicit trade and feedback management.
- Co-ordinate the implementation of stakeholder engagement programs and initiatives to facilitate intelligence gathering.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships to enhance intelligence exchange and coordinate processing of all information requests with internal and external stakeholders.
- Guiding the process of identifying training needs, training partners and recommending officers for training in the relevant courses.
- Ensuring appropriate resources; financial, technical and human, are deployed and efficiently utilized.
- Setting and reviewing performance targets on a regular basis and provide support in achieving the targets.
- Other roles as may be tasked by the Deputy Commissioner, Intelligence Management division.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Day-to-day operations, supervision, management of performance and development of staff in the section.
- Co-ordinate analysis of stakeholder engagement intelligence briefs and summaries for forwarding for Analysis & Production and (or) Intelligence collection.
- Ensure quality of the intelligence output and disseminate appropriately for action or information
- Facilitate implementation of the work plans for corporate initiatives in the section including: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- Oversee implementation of the section’s work plan and budget.
- Promote initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the section.
- Co-ordinate management reporting
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Computer & Ipad
Decision Making / Job Influence
- Strategic & operational decisions in intelligence exchange, feedback management, stakeholder engagement and combating illicit trade.
- Office & Field setting
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Public Administration, Management, International Relations, Economics, Business, Finance or related disciplines. Master’s degree in relevant fields is an added advantage.
- Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Possession of relevant professional qualiﬁcation(s) is an added advantage
Previous relevant work experience required
- At least 7 years’ progressive work experience in the areas of business, taxation, risk management or intelligence management with not less than 3 years in a management role. Experience in a Financial sector will provide an added advantage.
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Emotional skills and intelligence.
- Possess good organization and planning skills.
- Focused and result oriented individual.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated high level of integrity
- Demonstrate strong intelligence management acumen
- Able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with multi-agency stakeholders.