DEPARTMENT: Customs & Border Control,
DIVISION: Trade Facilitation,
Commissioner – Customs & Border Control
Chief Manager – Trade Facilitation (AEO, PAC, Port Charter, ROO)
Chief Manager – Remissions & Exemptions
Chief Manager – Bonds Management
Manager – TPS
This role is responsible for overseeing the trade facilitation initiatives in compliance with national and international trade treaties and conventions.
- Managerial /Supervisory responsibilities
- Overseeing Trade Facilitation programs and initiatives; rules of origin, Authorized Economic Operator (AEO), Trade Facilitation Agreements (TFAs) (WTO, AU), pre- arrival clearance, export management.
- Oversee management of Remissions and Exemption regimes for the department.
- Oversee Customs bonds management.
- Oversee coordination of departmental taxpayer services programmes.
- Establish and maintain liaison and working relationships with Government Agencies, Departments and other stakeholders to enhance effective Customs operations.
- Oversee analysis and implementation of legislation and policy guidelines and strategies for smooth running of Customs operations.
- Day-to-day operations, supervision, management of performance and development of staff in the Division
- Facilitate implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the unit: Division: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- Development and management of the Divisional work plan and budget.
- Drive initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the division.
- Development & utilization of Divisional budgets.
- Collection of Revenue arising at Trade Facilitation Division
Responsibility of Physical assets
- Responsible over office assets
Decision making /Job influence
- Makes managerial, strategic and financial decisions.
- Assigns, monitor and evaluates work of Direct reports
- Works predominantly within the office with minimal field visits during engagements with other stakeholders.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, experience and attributes/skills)
- A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from a recognized institution
Professional qualification/membership to professional bodies
- Postgraduate qualifications in Customs Administration and membership to a professional body is an added advantage
- Minimum of Ten (10) years’ work experience in trade facilitation within Customs or equivalent environment with at least Five (5) years in a senior management role.
Functional skills/Behavioural competencies /attributes
- Strategic agility
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Good knowledge of Customs Legislation, Regulation and Procedures
- Good awareness of operating environment
- Results driven and analytical
- Problem solving
- Analytical thinking
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills
- Risk management and analysis
- Mentoring and coaching
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 3rd May 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.