Basic Salary for this position is between Kshs. 57,729 by Kshs. 2,256/= to Kshs. 82,552/=
- Participate in planning, designing and developing teaching and research activities in liaison with Senior Officers.
- Assist in conducting laboratory tests, cadaver dissections and teaching Human Anatomy practicals.
- Set up OSCE sessions for Human Anatomy assessments
- Demonstrate and provide instruction to students in proper use and care of the Human Anatomy laboratory materials and equipment.
- Prepare laboratory materials and specimens such as histology slides, stains, solutions and preservatives that are stored according to set standards.
- Run calibration and quality control procedures on all anatomy laboratory equipment and machine periodically for accuracy and precision of laboratory test results.
- Supervision and guide undergraduate and postgraduate practicals in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations.
- Ensure cleanliness of materials, glassware, apparatus and the laboratory to ensure a safe environment for study and research for accurate and reliable results.
- Ensure proper disposal of laboratory waste by segregating all waste to minimize risks associated laboratory waste.
- Provide professional support to students and lecturers to improve and manage the consultancy services undertaken in the laboratories/workshops.
- Provide budget inputs on supplies and consumables used in the laboratory for smooth running of the section.
- Maintain proper inventory of the materials and equipment in the Human Anatomy laboratory to avoid stock outages.
- Perform preventive maintenance on machines and equipment in the laboratory and trouble shooting them in cases of malfunctions and liaise with the Head of Department to service the equipment.
- Carry out stock taking exercises in liaison with the stores section of Procurement and Finance Departments.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by a senior officer.
Job Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory.
- Three (3) years’ work experience in a Human Anatomy lab (gross anatomy and Histology) in an Institution of higher learning or equivalent Institution.
- Demonstrable Knowledge of Information Communication Technology.
- Registered with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB)
- A valid practice license.
- Diploma or Certificate in Morgue and Mortuary Science is an added advantage.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
The successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package in accordance with the existing Terms and Conditions of Service.
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to:
The Vice Chancellor
P.O. Box 1957- 10101
Closing Date : 5 October. 2021