Job Title: Litigation Advocate – Law Firm
Net Salary: Kshs 100k
Our client is one of the leading law firms based in Nairobi.
They are seeking to hire an experienced Litigation Advocate who will be tasked with managing all phases of litigation from the investigation, pleadings, and discovery through the pre-trial, trial, settlement, and appeal processes.
- Drafting and reviewing litigation documents including pleadings, notices, affidavits & correspondence.
- Furnishing legal opinions and advice on any areas of the law arising in civil & commercial litigation
- Consultations with clients and counsel as well as reviewing new legislations.
- Attending court at the High Court and Magistrates Court.
- Conducting negotiations with a view to settling potentially litigious matters.
- Conducting the administration of an attorney’s practice, including file management and electronic time-keeping.
- Draw up contracts and other legal documents ensuring attention to detail.
- To be able to demonstrate that they are technically very able across a sufficiently wide area, able to work without significant supervision and have developed a particular strength and reputation in their work area.
- To be able to show a track record of achieving their fee targets and time targets and that the targets are appropriate for their position and level of qualification.
- To provide a high quality legal service to all clients.
- Offering advice on the law, legal procedures and a wide range of associated issues.
- Research on a diverse range of assigned issues, documents and case history to ensure accuracy of advice and procedures.
- Keeping up-to-date with changes in the law.
- Receive requests for legal advice from current and potential clients and decide on the most appropriate responses to make to these requests.
- To develop and maintain good client relationship skills, gaining clients’ confidence and that of other professionals.
- To be strategic and commercially aware and be fully familiar with the firm’s current strategy.
- Be able to have knowledgeable discussion about the market the firm operates in, the threats and opportunities the department faces and the future plans for the Department and their role in those plans.
- Attract additional business from new and existing clients.
- Attend internal training and external training as and when required.
- Proven track record of effectively delegating work to other members of the department and supervising the work effectively.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, with a current Practicing Certificate.
- Must have 5+ years post admission working experience in a busy Law firm.
- Be computer literate.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and have the ability to handle pressure.
- Have the ability to work with minimum or no supervision.
- Have the ability to work as a team.
- Be a person of unquestionable integrity with a high sense of professionalism.
- Be proactive, self-motivated and aggressive.
- The advocate should be ready to work and be stationed in Nairobi.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Litigation Advocate – Law Firm) to email@example.com before 20th October 2021.