We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
Welcome to the South Eastern Kenya University (SEKU). The University is a fully fledged University and is the successor to the South Eastern University College (SEUCO) which was a Constituent College of the University of Nairobi. The University has undergone tremendous growth since inception in 2008. The current student population stands at around 6,000 students. We pride ourselves in having highly qualified teaching staff consisting of Professors and lecturers most of whom have a Ph. D and vast experience in both teaching and research. This ensures that our students are well equipped with knowledge in their areas of study that makes them stand out from the rest. Our focus is producing all round graduates able to contribute to the development of this country. The University is a premier institution of higher learning in the region offering various certificate, diploma and degree programmes. SEKU envisions becoming a World Class University with quality teaching, creative learning, innovative research and strong community outreach. I wish to take this opportunity to invite potential students to study at South Eastern Kenya University.
Duties and responsibilities of a Lecturer Grade 12:
- Lecturing in area of specialization in accordance with the syllabus;
- Coordinating course projects and practical work;
- Preparing teaching/learning materials;
- Setting, invigilating and marking examinations/assignments;
- Carrying out research work in relevant field or specialization;
- Preparing students progress reports;
- Developing proposals for research funding;
- Writing journal articles and books;
- Presenting academic papers in conferences /seminars/workshops or symposia;
- Developing and reviewing academic programmes /curricula; and
- Supervising Tutorial/Junior Research Fellows and students.
- Undertake consultancies with local and international organizations within areas of expertise to enhance the image of the University;
- Establish collaborative linkages and networks through communication, collaboration and participation for resource mobilization for the University;
- Present research findings and innovations to international conferences in order to increase the visibility of the University and to influence international policy environment for improvement of life;
- Engage with local and international stakeholders to establish linkages and networks in order to work together for the betterment of communities in various ways such as research and innovations;
- Execute budgets for student field trips for academic exposure and the application of theory;
- Control and manage research budgets to ensure accountability of allocated funds.
Requirements for appointment to the post of Lecturer Grade 12 in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, School of Engineering and Technology:
- An earned Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited and recognized University; and
- Be registered with Engineering Board of Kenya (EBK).
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity. OR
- A Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized/accredited University with at least three (3) years teaching experience at University level.
- A minimum of twenty (24) publication points, of which at least sixteen (16) should be from refereed journal papers
- Registered with Engineering Board of Kenya (EBK).
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and
NB: PUBLICATION POINTS:
- One university level scholarly book = 24 publication points;
- Patented invention or innovation = 16 publications points;
- One tertiary level scholarly book = 8 publication points;
- One article in a refereed journal = 8 publication points;
- Refereed learning modules = 6 publication points;
- One chapter in a university level scholarly book = 6 publication points;
- One reviewed conference paper = 4 publication points;
- One secondary school level text book = 4 publication points;
- Short communication in refereed journal = 4 publication points;
- Consultancy and project reports = 4 publication points;
- Refereed exhibitions and performances = 4 publication points;
- One primary level primary book = 2 publication points;
- Editorship of a book or conference proceedings = 2 publication points;
- Scholarly presentations at conferences/workshops/seminars= 2 publication points;
- One non-reviewed conference paper = 2 publication points.
- Book review published in refereed journals = 1publication point.
Submit ten (10) copies of your CV, copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and area of specialization and Application giving details of their educational and professional qualifications, age, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address to:
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor,
Administration and Human Resource Management
South Eastern Kenya University
P.O. BOX 170-90200,
Closing Date : 29 November. 2021