Job Title: Legal Contractor
Job Overview: The Legal Contractor Shall offer support in drafting and review of leases, registration of leases, resolution of landlord disputes, management of litigation, facilitating organizational compliance and general legal operational matters.
- Managing contracts including negotiation, drafting, reviewing.
- Monitoring and ensuring regulatory and contractual compliance by the company.
- Providing legal updates/alerts on new legal developments and advising on legal aspects that affect the business.
- Managing legal databases and ensuring constant update thereof and availability of relevant and necessary information to adequately support the business.
- Ensuring proper custody of contracts both in hard and soft copy and develop and maintain a database of contract summaries.
- To liaise with nominated contract managers within the various user departments to ensure that renewals and expiry dates are properly noted.
- Management of contractual disputes to ensure amicable resolution.
- Offer support in management of litigation through effective management of external legal counsels litigation management and containment of legal costs through review of fee notes
- Timely completion and submission of compliance returns and preparation and collation of reports.
- Monitor and document operational and legal risk and advise on the impact of the same.
- Drafting and management of ground leases and other conveyancing instruments as well as supporting property team resolve disputes that may arise on the company’s tenancy.
- Enhancing organizational capacity through development of frequently asked question (FAQs); facilitating training; contribution of articles to the company’s newsletter/magazine;
- Offer administrative support to the team through maintenance of proper departmental records.
- Generate reports to line manager and other departments on and not limited to litigation matters, contracts, and other commercial transactions.
- Where required support in vendor management through collation and review of performance SLAs.
- Undertaking due diligence as may be required.
- Assist in the management of regulatory and policy issues and represent the organization in industry associations and various stakeholder functions.
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- LLB Degree or equivalent foreign qualification.
- Admitted lawyer with 3+ years relevant experience in applying general commercial and corporate law.
- 3+ years of property law and/or telecommunications law experience.
- Excellent drafting skills
- Ability to work well with all levels of management
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proactive/ self-starter
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines, getting things right the first time
- Analytical, problem-solver who can identify key issues quickly
- Effective self-leadership as an individual contributor in a high-performance environment
- High level of integrity
- Conflict management capabilities
- Ability to analyze data and formulate recommendations
- Ability to make sound business decisions
- Relationship management competency
- Strong negotiation skills
- Accuracy oriented with strong attention to detail
- Expert knowledge of relevant compliance legislations
- Expert knowledge of corporate and commercial law
- Well organized
- Leadership skills
Approximately 90% performed in a climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions / remotely working from home. Approximately 5-10% travel will be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 12kgs.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
The interested candidates should apply not later than 5:00 pm, 15-09-21.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer.
Any solicitation will lead to disqualification.