Provide support and guidance to the companies within the group on legal matters to ensure that their operations/activities conform to statutory and legal requirements.
- Providing legal guidance on contractual obligations during contract negotiation and implementation.
- Managing contracts including drafting and reviewing.
- Minimize legal risks – Identify potential legal risks & take steps to protect the company from legal liabilities.
- Monitoring and ensuring regulatory and contractual compliance by the company.
- Providing advice on other legal aspects that affect the business, including regulatory matters, litigation, industrial and employee relations, service level agreements with supplies etc.
- Provide updates on any Bills, Acts of Parliament or case law that will affect the organization’s operations in any way (directly or indirectly).
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies, procedures and other documents and ensure that they are compliant with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Conducting legal training/awareness periodically within the company on relevant legal topics.
- Manage litigious cases to ensure that all matters are handled efficiently and cost effectively.
- Ensure that all contracts that the company is entering into are negotiated within time and all the concluded contracts are entered into the company contract register.
- To receive and process summons filed against the company.
- Liaising with companies within the group as appropriate on all legal matters.
- Give instructions and liaise with external lawyers and witnesses on matters filed in court and documents in support of the claims.
- Ensure that judgments/costs are settled on time to ensure the interests of the company are protected.
- Legal oversight on all claims management matters including processes, systems, investigations, negotiations and court matters.
- Keep management apprised of all pertinent claims.
- Continuous and critical analysis of all claims information and make recommendations on admissibility or otherwise.
- Providing input to underwriters on review of potential or existing risks. Giving feedback on claims trends and their potential impact on the book.
- Prepare and review the relevant claim guidelines and template documents to conform with the policy and best practice.
- Maintain a proper update of the system data and documentation of the claims and incidents.
- A bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognized university
- Call to Bar (Dip KSL) have a current practicing certificate
- Must have five (5) years of working experience as an in-house counsel in respected top-tier corporate practice or in-house legal department.
- Knowledge and experience in clearing and forwarding is an added advantage.
- Proactive, open, and outward looking attitude
- Must be professional and a person of high integrity.
- Good analytical skill and ability to work with line managers and others as a team
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20 October. 2021