Job Vacancy: Category Manager – Nonfood-Light Household
Reporting to: Category Lead
Salary Range: KES 100,000 – KES 140,000
Our client is seeking to recruit a Category Manager who will be responsible and accountable for managing and monitoring Light Household products within their specific category.
In addition, the role holder must monitor and record conversion rates, click through rate, number of views, and search but not purchased.
Finally, the Category Manager is responsible for analyzing data within their respective category and providing input and insights to support business decisions.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Manage respective category in both top line and bottom line through quality assortment, price, and content.
- Maintain main KPIs in respective category, which includes conversion rates, click through rate, number of views, and search but not purchased.
- Support Category Lead during the process of negotiation to ensure best prices, deals, and large quantity of goods within specific category.
- Identify suitable opportunities for respective category through selection, profitability, and sales trends-based customer needs.
- Analyze daily data pertaining to price fluctuations and price problems for specific category.
- Build and maintain relationships with senior leaders of partnered vendors to grow and optimize the joint retail and import businesses within the scope of the specific category.
- Work to ensure a reliable, operational a cost-effective flow of goods, from ordering to receive.
- Monitor, analyze and own key performance indicators such as vendor import share, out of stock rate, vendor operational metrics, and marketing investments.
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Proactively identify and seek professional development opportunities to improve leadership and technical skills pertaining to the direct line of work.
- Apply and follow company’s Retail’s Human Capital corporate policies and relevant procedures and instructions.
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Excellent team work skills and people agility with high level of collaboration.
- High level of problem solving skills and detailed oriented.
- Solid analytical skills, trouble-shooting skills; planning and organizational skills
- Operational agility and nimbleness to adapt to changing retail environment
- Proficient computer skills – MS Office, SAP, Salesforce, advanced Excel skills
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills
Minimum Qualifications / Education
- Bachelor’s degree in E- Commerce or Business Administration.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience across product innovation, with channel E-Commerce experience.
- Retail industry experience is plus.
- English (Full professional proficiency – Required)
- Arabic (Professional efficiency – Advantage)
To apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st July 2021.
Indicating Category Manager LHH on the Mail subject.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.