Terms of Reference (TOR) for Locum Clinical Officer
1.0 Background: SOS Children‘s Villages Kenya runs programs that include Family Care, Family Strengthening, Education, Health, Youth Empowerment and Advocacy.
Started in 1973 in Buruburu (Nairobi), SOS Children’s Villages Kenya has expanded to 7 other counties in Kenya: Mombasa (1979), Eldoret (1990), Meru (2005) and Kisumu (2012) Busia and Homabay counties.
SOS CV Kenya takes care of over 15,000 children and youth under its programs.
SOS Medical centers is one of the programs run by SOS Children’s Villages Kenya under health program.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya provides individualized health care and supports communities in the development of improved health service.
Currently, SOS Children’s Villages Kenya runs two medical centers in Nairobi-Buru Buru and Eldoret.
The medical centers serve vast clientele reaching an average of 80,000 clients per year.
Our mission is to be a trusted health-care partner to families by offering high quality, affordable medical services in a financially-sustainable manner.
2.0: Proposed Assignment
SOS Medical Centre Nairobi seeks to engage competent locum Clinical Officer with a vast experience in patient treatment, care, support and also provide preventative services within the CCC clinic.
He/she should be well skilled and knowledgeable to offer quality, effective and efficient CCC and other Medical services in the MC department/SOS Children’s Village Kenya Nairobi.
3.0 Overall Objectives
3.1 Quality care and treatment services
- Ensure quality care and treatment is given to all clients.
- Provide effective and efficient CCC treatment ,care and support services as per the latest guidelines
- Management of Non-Communicable diseases Clients
- Liaise with the Facility in charge where quality issues are concerned.
- Observe legal and statutory requirements in all situations.
- Take initiative to ensure speedy and accurate service provision with the team.
- Ensure to offer excellent standards and quality in clinical Care services.
- Implement effective clinical procedures, rules, regulations which are consistent with organization procedures. Efficiency and effectiveness is of essence
- Diagnose and institute appropriate treatment for the clients to reduce morbidity, mortality and increase longevity of the patient’s life.
- Comply with established company policies, procedures and objectives and work towards achievement of continuous quality service.
3.2 Scope and Methods of the Work
- Offer counseling and Refills to CCC Clients with a focus on PITC, aPNS and track the numbers in the unit.
- At all times ensure that patient data/ information is handled confidentially.
- Ensure maximum use of resources and for the right purposes
- Implementation of an information/education system for patients and their families in collaboration with clinic staff.
- Ensure good professional working relationship with other clinic staff.
- Participate in effective communication within the team to build a cohesive and supportive unit.
- A Diploma in Clinical medicine and Surgery from a recognized University/College
- A Valid practising licence from the Kenya Clinical Officers Counsel
- 2 years Experience from completion of internship
- Training in paediatrc and Adult HIV ART Management
5.0 Child protection clause:
The Clinical Officer undertakes to abide by the SOS Children’s villages Kenya child protection policy, which is a statement of SOS children’s’ village Kenya commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children and young people with whom he/she comes into contact. This extends not only to children with whom its caregivers work directly, but also includes children whom staffs is responsible for.
Proposals should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating “Application for Locum Clinical Officer’’ on the subject line to be received on or before Thursday, 20th May 2021 mid night 2400 hrs.
SOS CV Kenya reserves the right to accept or reject any or all submissions.
SOS Medical Center, Nairobi
Oleleshwa Rd. Off Mumias Rd; Buruburu
P.O Box 40653,00100 Nariobi, Kenya
Tel: +254(0) 20782016/14
Wireless: +254(0) 2429304
A loving home for every child