Job Title: Application Operations Manager
Function: MPesa IT
Reports to: Prin.Mgr. VCI MPesa support
Company: M-Pesa Africa (Techsavanna)
Role Purpose: As part of the MPesa Support Function, ensure the delivery of assigned MPesa services to end-customers and/or Local Market Business Teams.
Act as the first escalation point towards service vendors / L2 support teams and Local Market IT teams supporting relevant infrastructure and/or connecting services.
Work with all the internal and external partners in the support chain to ensure agreed service levels and adherence to the agreed support processes. Join the out-of-hours on-call rota of the support team.
Key performance indicators:
- Manage incident resolution time within SLA target
- Take on end to end service ownership and manage all involved parties towards a SLA compliant delivery
- Responsible to ensure technical service level compliance for services operated by Product Operations or by 3rd parties on behalf of service owner
- Responsible for managing incidents, including implementation of workarounds and changes, and for executing service requests, including on call duties.
- Identify and implement best practice and process improvements with 3rd parties delivering application operation services.
- Responsible for the communication of major incident and ensure the delivery of report to senior stakeholders
Knowledge and experience:
- Profound knowledge in the area of IT delivery projects from application operations point of view
- 5 years of experience in managed operations of large scale IT applications and services in multinational environment
- >5 years of experience in managing 3rd parties and solution vendors to ensure services are delivered according to agreed SLA
- Strong knowledge of operations management of high complex IT/financial services
- Deep understanding of operational procedures and process standards (e.g. ITIL) and the ability to apply and evaluate them for continuous improvements in the service operations area.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role, clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below.