Originally the Office was referred to as the Exchequer &amp; Audit Department which with time changed to the Office of the Controller and Auditor-General. During this period, the Office derived its mandate from the Exchequer and Audit Act Cap 412 which provided for the audit of the Central Government by the Controller and Auditor General. Later the Act was amended to provide for audit of Local Authorities and State Corporations. The public Audit Act 2003 which became effective on 9 January, 2004 established a more independent Office of the Controller and Auditor General and renamed it KENYA NATIONAL AUDIT OFFICE (KENAO)
Purpose of the job:
Reporting to the Deputy Director – Communication, the Manager – Communication will be responsible for editing and design of OAG audit reports and implementation of various internal and external communication interventions for the office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Edit, proof-read and design audit reports and other publications to make them more reader friendly and easy to understand
- Coordinate the production of popular, Swahili and braille versions of OAG audit reports, to meet the needs of the citizens and expectations of key stakeholders
- Develop and oversee implementation of Communications Strategy and Policy to drive OAG agenda
- Produce proactive and authoritative press releases, briefs, case studies, articles and speeches that drive the corporate objectives of OAG
- Monitor media coverage and develop mitigating measures
- Develop and implement outreach and advocacy programmes to enhance good governance and accountability among targeted stakeholders
- Develop, manage and drive the crisis communications component on behalf of OAG
- Drive, champion and position OAG brand attributes to all external publics through appropriate communications channels
- Implement and manage all digital communication that include website and appropriate social media platforms
Requirements for appointment:
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Linguistics, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Mass Media or any other relevant discipline from a recognized institution;
- A post graduate qualification in PR, Communications, Journalism, Mass media or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Registered member of the Public Relations Society of Kenya of good standing;
- Minimum 9 years’ experience 3 (three) of which should be in a Position of Communication Officer or equivalent position.
- Proven experience in editing, proof reading and document preparation will be an added advantage.
- Applicants must attach the following documents:
- Application Form clearly indicating the post applied for, full name of the applicant, National ID Card No, Telephone Number and email address.
- Academic and professional certificates
- Other relevant testimonials
- Clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Higher Education Loans Board where applicable
It is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job applications. The Office shall take appropriate action on any applicant who shall be found to have presented false information and/ or documents.
The Office of the Auditor-General is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to have diversity in the workforce in line with the Constitution. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification
Closing Date : 25th May, 2021