Our Vision To be a world-class film content regulator. Mission To safeguard the national values and norms through efficient, effective and professional film regulatory services. OUR MANDATE The Kenya Film Classification Board, a state corporation under the Ministry of Sports, Culture and the Arts is mandated by Films and Stage Plays Act Cap 222 of Laws of Kenya to regulate the creation, broadcasting, possession, distribution and exhibition of films in the country with a view to promote national values and morality. The Kenya Information and Communications Act (KICA) further empowers the Board to i) Impose age restrictions to ensure that content which depicts or contains scenes that are rated as adult or are of the language intended for adult audiences are not aired during the watershed period (between 5am -10 pm) and ii) Enforce the programming Code for the free-to-air radio and TV services by ensuring that all programme and non-programme matter, namely commercials, infomercials, documentaries, programme promotions, programme listings, community service announcements and station identifications are classified before they air FUNCTIONS
N (JOB GRADE KFC 3)
Job Ref No: KFC/HRA/MHRA/2021
The officer will be reporting to the Director Corporate Servicesand will be responsible for organizational analysis and design, formulation,periodicreviewandimplementationofHRpoliciesrecruitmentandselection, training and development, performance appraisal, career and succession planningand development, separation and employee relations, compensation and benefits, employee industrial relations and performancemanagement.The officer will also be responsible for:
Human Resource Functions
- Ensuring that all employment practices, compensation, employee benefits, and human resources programs are within established standards, procedures, guidelines, and policies of KFC and local labour laws.
- Maintaining contact with the labour industry, other organizations and government departments to keep abreast and updated on developments that are relevant to the human resources process in KFC.
- Facilitating periodic review and update of Human Resources policies and procedures in line with changes in the regulatory and labour environment.
- Coordinating the performance management process to ensure that it is effective and that it is linked to the staff development programmes.
- Coordinating staff training and development programmes. This includes training needs analysis, evaluation of training, feedback to management, and coordination of special programmes.vi.Coordinating the human resources planning process including staff recruitment and selection process for the organization.
- Managing the process of staff appointments, which includes issuance, renewal and termination of contracts.
- Ensuring that the organization maintains a compensation and benefits package that is internally equitable and externally competitive within its ability to pay.
- Ensuring provision of administrative support, which includes maintenance of personnel records, payroll administration, processing of staff benefits and management of retirement benefits scheme.
- Ensuring that KFC maintains good employee and industrial relations through well managed staff welfare schemes, a healthy and safe working environment, effective management of disciplinary and grievance issues, and effective communication processes.
- Coordinating employee related legal issues and advise management on appropriate course of action.
- Coordinating work related counseling and stress management services for staff.
- Participating in the development and implementation of the Commission’s strategic plan and ensure effective contribution of the Human Resource function towards achievement of the plans.
- Preparing and controlling ofHuman Resource budgets.
- Acting as a change management catalyst within the Commission; include career development, and succession management.
- Formulating and implementing of annual work plan.
- Ensuring that adequate insurancecoverage for staff, premises, property and equipment of the organization are inplace;
- Ensuring that KFC assets are safeguarded from loss through fraud and error by maintaining an adequate system of internal controls;
- Facilitatingthemanagementofthepremisesandstaffsecurityincludingthedesign, implementation and periodic review of security systems;and
- Ensuring that adequate fire equipment and appliances are in place for all the organization’sfacilities.
Maintenance of Facilities, Furniture andEquipment
- Supervising the maintenance of KFC premises, furniture and equipment to ensure that they are in good working goodcondition;
- Providing the Management and the Commission with necessary information and advice on assetmaintenance;
- Ensuringthatserviceandmaintenancecontractsareinplacewhereapplicable;andiv.Maintaining record and register of all the organization’sassets.
- Managing the administration of leases or rental arrangements of the offices facilities;
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Have at least ten (10) yearswork experience five (5) of which should have beenin managementposition;
- HaveMastersDegreeinHumanResourceManagementorequivalentqualification from
- a recognizedInstitution;
- Have Bachelors Degree in a Social Science ,Human Resource Management or equivalent qualification from a recognizedInstitution;
- Have Diploma in Human Resource Management from a recognizedinstitution;V.Be registered with the Institute of Human ResourceManagement;
- Have Management course lasting not less four (4)weeksfrom a recognized institution.
In addition to the qualifications set above, shortlisted candidates will be required to provide copies of clearance certificates/letters of good standing from the following;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).
- Chief Executive Officer, Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).6.Credit Bureau Reference.
TERMS OF SERVICE
An attractive remunerative package, commensurate to qualifications, experience and responsibilities and in line with government guidelines will be offered to the successful applicant. The appointment is on a Three (3) year contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance.