The Commission on Revenue Allocation (CRA), is an independent Commission set up under Article 215 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010. Its core mandate is to recommend the basis for equitable sharing of revenues raised nationally between the national and the county governments, and among the county governments. FUNCTIONS OF CRA The functions of the Commission include: 1. Recommend the basis of equitable sharing of revenue raised by national government between national and county governments. 2. Recommend the basis of equitable sharing of revenue raised by national government among county governments. 3. Recommend on matters concerning the financing of both the national government and county governments. 4. Recommend on matters concerning financial management of both national and county governments. VISION A trusted and effective adviser on equitable distribution of resources for rapid and balanced economic growth. MISSION To make recommendations on equitable sharing of revenue, financing of, and financial management for both national and county governments.
This position is responsible for regular monitoring of socioeconomic developments, collection and analysis of data, and preparation of a policy and criteria identifying marginalized areas.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
- Provide input into the development of the directorate’s strategies, policies and guidelines to support the execution of its mandate
- Provide input into the development of the directorate’s budgets and work plans
- Assign work to Research Officers and Analysts, and carry out periodic performance appraisal as required
- Provide technical assistance to members of the Commission along adopted thematic and other relevant areas
- Develop models for revenue sharing
- Review policies on marginalization to inform preparation of new policies
- Monitor and prepare reports on county socioeconomic developments
- Conduct policy research to inform decision making on the Commission mandate
- Engage stakeholders on matters related to de-marginalization of communities
- Prepare proposals for funding
- Prepare Project implementation reports
- Work jointly with the statistics division to update CRA’s economic database.
- Build capacity and mentor staff to ensure competence within the Directorate
Masters’ Degree in Development Economics, Political Science or a relevant field from a recognized institution
Minimum of seven (7) years of work experience in a comparable position from a reputable organization, 3 of which at supervisory position
Knowledge And Skill Requirements:
- He/she must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player.
- Strong managerial skills, including motivating, developing, coaching and leading teams.
- Demonstrated high ethical standards.
- Competent and organized.
- Report Writing and Presentation Skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant computer software and applications
- A good understanding of econometrics theory and ability to use standard econometrics software to conduct research and modeling such as EViews, Stata/SPSS, RATS and CATS and;
- 9. Ability to work in a team-modulated and collaborative environment.
Application should be addressed to:
TO The Commission Secretary/CEO Commission on Revenue Allocation (CRA)
14 Riverside Drive Grosvenor Block
P.O. BOX 1310 – 00200
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The CRA is an equal opportunity, gender sensitive and compliant employer.
Closing Date : 19th May, 2021