Kenya Association of Manufacturers is the representative organisation for manufacturing value-add industries in Kenya. Established in 1959 as a private sector body, KAM has evolved into a dynamic, vibrant, credible and respected business association that unites industrialists and offers a common voice for businesses. KAM provides an essential link for co-operation, dialogue and understanding with the Government by representing the views and concerns of its members to the relevant authorities. In pursuit of its core mandate of policy advocacy, KAM promotes trade and investment, upholds standards, encourages the formulation, enactment and administration of sound policies that facilitate a competitive business environment and reduce the cost of doing business. In 2009, KAM unveiled a new corporate image as it observed 50 years since its establishment. Mission To promote competitive and sustainable local manufacturing. Vision To be a World-class BMO that effectively delivers services to its members Goal To transform KAM into a sustainable member-focused association delivering relevant, quality, timely and effective services to its members Values KAM has 6 values that are the key drivers of its corporate culture. These are Responsiveness, Integrity, Innovation, Inclusiveness, Teamwork and Excellence Purpose To create wealth at both corporate and individual levels by advocating for a competitive environment for businesses to operate, thereby creating better industries, growing the economy, creating jobs and hence resulting in better standards of living for Kenyans. Strategic Objectives Driving industrial growth and realization of 15% contribution of manufacturing sector to GDP by 2019 Supporting skills-based job creation agenda and increase manufacturing sector jobs by 33% Enhancing market access for products, locally and globally to grow exports by 33% by 2019 Retaining and recruiting a broad membership base Operational excellence
Reporting to: Head of KAM Consulting
This position is responsible for driving the KAM manufacturing academy initiatives and building capacity for members on competitiveness both corporate and at employee level by ensuring relevance
in all the trainings given.
- Marketing of Manufacturing Academy products and services
- Develop and Sale new innovative products to generate new revenue streams
- Business Growth
- Sustained profitability
- Effective member support
- Effective training initiatives
- Enhanced partnerships
- Timely and accurate and reports
Duties & Responsibilities
- Competitively Marketing and communication of academy products and services
- Identify, prioritize and develop key high-quality training and other products /services targeting business leaders and senior management in companies,
- Maintain relations with external service providers to be retained to offer services on behalf of KAM Consulting,
- Competitively market and offer services demanded by industry and the business sector;
- Ensure the Manufacturing Academy remains profitable in line with KAM sustainability objective .
- Determine relevant course outline and objectives to guide content development by the facilitators.
- Identifying and building relationships with partners to strengthen Academy offerings
- Reviewing the evaluations after each training and feedback analysis
- Periodic reports to Head KAM C – BCS Committee
- Preparation of Training Manuals
- Coordinate and participate in the Academy trainings
- Facilitate TNA that shows linkage to the training strategy and manage resources effectively
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Chief Executive.
Person Specification /Requirements:
- Degree in Commerce/Marketing/Education /Business Administration /Human Resources or any other relevant social sciences
- A masters degree in a relevant field is an added advantage
- A professional qualification in Marketing, affiliation to a professional body is added advantage
- Over 7years experience in Marketing and business development practice, 5 of these middle level management with a reputable organization operating in a comparable sector.
- Over 4 years’ experience managing learning and Development /Capacity building initiatives
- Knowledge and basic experience in performance management systems
- Stakeholder management skills
- Event management experience
- Good knowledge of the manufacturing industry.
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 20 September. 2021